DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aerial photo software

brox

Reactions
Hi,
I need to create high resolution aerial photo of my piece of land. It is some 250x250 meters. I have Mavic Mini, what I want - send it along some route, take shots every 10 meters and then glue them into one image by cutting overlapping parts to decrease distortion. Is there some software that can help to automate the process? I believe it is nightmare to process 625 photos in Photoshop barehanded...

Hi,
I need to create high resolution aerial photo of my piece of land. It is some 250x250 meters. I have Mavic Mini, what I want - send it along some route, take shots every 10 meters and then glue them into one image by cutting overlapping parts to decrease distortion. Is there some software that can help to automate the process? I believe it is nightmare to process 625 photos in Photoshop barehanded...
You want an app like DroneDeploy to create an orthophoto mosaic.
Proper mapping software can creete an accurate and seamless map.
Like this one of a 10 acre site created from about 75 images.
The full image is very large and has great detail.
i-KjJQpgb-X2.jpg

But you would need a more advanced drone than the Mini, which can't be controlled by other apps.

Reactions: brox
Really interesting software. Has anyone ever used any the mapping software for business with their drones? I live in an area where there are lot of land owners and farmers. I've been thinking about using my drone for just a small side business to use among other things with those small farmers and or land owners in helping them to see if their crops were being watered properly from aerial photographs of their land since it's easier to see sections of their crops from an aerial view that is not getting enough water. I guess I can see some land owners also might wanting detailed images of their lands like those which can be created withHivemapper and or DroneDeploy.

Hi,
You can just fly in manual mode, noting the area covered in the first photo, fly along and stop when you have a reasonable overlap. And then do the same again. I initially used this method with reasonable success, but a bit of a Ba****che.

Now with the Mavik Air, I use Litchi, much easier, but I don't think that's available for the mini..

The Microsoft ICE programme stitches these overlapped photos really well. Of course the other option is to video in straight line flight, making sure the overlap is good on the straight lines. Again ICE (Image Compositor Editor.free from Microsoft) will stitch a photo mosaic from the video. Probably not quite a good resolution, but very usable for what I have used it for...

Good Luck

Attachments

• Western Scrape (Large).jpg
    Western Scrape (Large).jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 10
I may be wrong, but I believe Hivemapper uses video instead of timed pictures. Should be no problem with a mini.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato