DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Afraid of flying the drone?...

Crashed it into a lake two weeks after buying my first drone. It was upsetting true, but nobody was hurt, just a drone sank is all. So things could have been much worse!
Bought another new drone, and haven't crashed since.

To help put things into perspective, crashed my ATV a month after buying it, cost me over $5,000 to repair, 3 operations, 26 days in hospital, and this pain will likely linger the rest of my life.

So losing a drone really isn't all that bad.
Ouch? Glad you made it through that. It’s good to put things like this into a more general perspective for sure.

The Arc XL will strobe and audible longer than the Mavics with Find My Drone. I haven’t had occasion to use the Marco Polo yet, but it’s got a 200-300 yd range I believe, which should be enough once you’re in the general area. If I lose it, I want to be able to find it as fast as possible. Don’t always have the luxury of time or daylight. $200 isn’t cheap, but worth it, IMO. Decided not to wait for the next crash and recovery.
On the forum ive seen MavPi talks on state farm insurance as opposed to DJI refresh. Then I saw that state farm dumps you after one claim. I’m still curious about a price comparative. I also read how they completely cover it and you pay 30%? It makes me hesitant. I’m going do a little digging. Any suggestions appreciated.

There's some great advice in these replies. Another thing that can ease the tension is insurance. I have my M2P, MA2, lots of accessories, and iPad Mini 4 all insured with State Farm. The premium is $75/yr with zero deductible. Unlike DJI refresh, you don't need to have the remains of your drone too make a claim. If your stuff gets stolen or you crash your drone in the ocean, you're covered.
Should have read all the posts first. My apologies. Thanks for posting solutions. Godspeed

There's some great advice in these replies. Another thing that can ease the tension is insurance. I have my M2P, MA2, lots of accessories, and iPad Mini 4 all insured with State Farm. The premium is $75/yr with zero deductible. Unlike DJI refresh, you don't need to have the remains of your drone too make a claim. If your stuff gets stolen or you crash your drone in the ocean, you're covered.
That would be awesome. Making a call now. Too good to pass up. That’s my neurosis, that you have to produce the drone. What if not, idk. More I learn the less I understand. Lol. Godspeed

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll