DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aftermarket Props Part 2 Billboards??

Saigondroner

Reactions
I finally took some time to lightly try some aftermarket LED props that can be programmed with custom canned messages and graphics. There are several Youtube examples, but I just wanted to see how they performed, and uploaded 25 seconds if of interest. I flew indoors, at about a 5 foot hover. The graphics can be seen, but the angle was too acute to see the graphics perfectly. As with most 3rd party props, they made me nervous. The blades seemed to be about the same size and stiffness of DJI. but their weight was much higher, with a battery in the center.

Programming the props was not easy. AV software blocked the app, alerting that it was a virus. Windows 10 finally allowed the app to run, but in Windows 8 mode.
The props allow 8 messages to display, and you can set the delay between the changes @ 8 seconds. I loaded 4 messages:

Football graphic
Nice to meet you on both props
Mavic Pilots on the port side prop.....and 'Rat Vui DC Gap' (Nice to meet you, in Vietnamese) starboardside. Both messages had to be cut short to fit.

Most troubling, the props did the optical trick by passing near a small magnet. The magnet had to be clipped over the motor, and then the prop could be attached. I was worried about blade clearance. The props did not light up until after takeoff! I guess a little flex moved (bent) prop close enough to activate.

I believe a set of 4 props is over $50...there are many ways to spend $50, and NOT watch your M2 potentially plummet to earth.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty