DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2/2s battery

Seabee23

Reactions
I am currently flying the Air 2s. I had the opportunity to purchase two brand new batteries, never activated for $75. I anticipate needing them in the future for some side work, but don’t need them right now. I am very picky with my battery charge cycles, and minimums to prolong the life of them, however, can I leave the new batteries in the box for an indefinite amount of time without damage if they have never been charged, or can they still develope issues by sitting idle so long? I appreciate the help.

Not forever ... they will eventually lose the base charge they come with and will take an effort to revive, if they can be revived.

Also - you need to make sure the batteries are at the same Aircraft Firmware revision as the drone. So you need to update the aircraft firmware with each battery installed. 4 batteries, four aircraft firmware updates.

I'd charge the batteries to 60%, flash new firmware to make sure they'll accept the new code. Then store them, resting for a couple or three months and then recharge back to 60% again. Keeping them 40-60% charged seems to be the best advice these days for long term storage. But like most things without good factual factory recommendations, your mileage may vary.

Reactions: merak75
Not forever ... they will eventually lose the base charge they come with and will take an effort to revive, if they can be revived.

Also - you need to make sure the batteries are at the same Aircraft Firmware revision as the drone. So you need to update the aircraft firmware with each battery installed. 4 batteries, four aircraft firmware updates.

I'd charge the batteries to 60%, flash new firmware to make sure they'll accept the new code. Then store them, resting for a couple or three months and then recharge back to 60% again. Keeping them 40-60% charged seems to be the best advice these days for long term storage. But like most things without good factual factory recommendations, your mileage may vary.
Thank you for the response. That what I was kinda thinking, but then I got to thinking about all the Batteries that were produced for the Air 2/2s that may not have been sold yet. It’s a little confusing.

You can be surprised. The manufacturers use a sleep technique that allows the battery to stay in that mode and can last easily 2 years before need to be charged or activated for the first time. I have right now 3 brand new batteries for a Mavic Air 2S as well and I am not activating it probably in a year.

Reactions: Seabee23
I am looking to purchase an additional two batteries, which site is best for dependable quality? Two for $75 sounds like a deal.

Thanks

I am looking to purchase an additional two batteries, which site is best for dependable quality? Two for $75 sounds like a deal.

Thanks
I got them from a guy that crashed his air 2 with no insurance and was giving up on the hobby. He had only used one battery, and that one has a small crack in it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun