DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Controller "dead"

Dronepilotdelta

Reactions
Howdy y'all,

So I have a brand new air 2. After my first flight I decided to play around with the settings and started an IMU calibration. The calibration was taking forever so I powered down the drone and the controller.
Now the controller won't turn back on. And it also won't charge.
Has anyone else had this happen?
What can I do?
The remote is the DJI standard Air 2 controller.

Hello from the Crossroads of America Dronepilotdelta.

Now the controller won't turn back on. And it also won't charge.
Has anyone else had this happen?
What can I do?

First time I've heard about this issue.

You may have a defective controller and I would suggest contacting DJI or return it for another if purchased locally.

Just to be sure, when turning ON the remote, it's press once, then press / hold the second time.

Charging is through the bottom port of the remote.

I know it's a USB-C port, but you might flip the plug 180° just for the heck of it and see it that does anything.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. ?

Reactions: Dronepilotdelta
LoL. Yes I know how to turn the controller off and on by pressing once then long pressing until it turns on... I've tried everything from holding the buttons down.. flipping the cord.. plugging it into the drone itself... The rc seems to be fried... Like I said it was working just fine until I turned it off during an IMU calibration...

Eliminate a couple of things necessary to charge.
Try a different USB cable.
Try a different wall charger.
USB is pretty universal (except maybe for some Apple stuff, they are always odd man out) so most any charger and cable should work if one is bad.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys