DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Multiple Errors after new update

Reactions
These errors just showed up after updating the drone today, I haven't use the drone since May 2022, it has been in storage. The gimbal does all the normal movement when starting up. Doesn't allow me to do the IMU Calibration, gimbal doesn't calibrate fully. Gimbal no longer goes up and down.

Screenshot_20220908-161629.png

• Wow
Reactions: Capt KO
Did you apply the update over the air?

Try updating the firmware of the drone and RC using the DJI Assistant. And check the Fly App version.

Did you apply the update over the air?

Try updating the firmware of the drone and RC using the DJI Assistant. And check the Fly App version.
Thank you Yes, I did the update normally, then when I had the issue pop I went over and true the Refresh from the DJI assistant, I tried it like 5 times, even with different batteries. I have the latest version of the fly app, downloaded straight from the DJI website. It didn't fixed it and now there no way to get the old version back like it used to before.

Thank you Yes, I did the update normally, then when I had the issue pop I went over and true the Refresh from the DJI assistant, I tried it like 5 times, even with different batteries. I have the latest version of the fly app, downloaded straight from the DJI website. It didn't fixed it and now there no way to get the old version back like it used to before.
There is a way to get the old version of the Fly App.

Frightening. Please post back if or when you fix the problem. Enquiring minds want to know..the solution.

Frightening. Please post back if or when you fix the problem. Enquiring minds want to know..the solution.
This is the kind of stuff that makes me wonder if I did the right thing by buying one of these “top of the line” drones.
I haven’t even paired mine to the controller and flown it yet because I’m really debating with myself if I want to sell it or not.
Look, I KNOW this doesn’t happen to everybody, but is it really worth peoples time and effort to have to jump through so many hoops ??
Just my personal rant for the day.

KO, it's a total blast to fly and takes amazing photos. So much easier to fly than all the toy drones I'd owned over the years. The automatic control during programmed flight missions for othophoto mapping was interesting to get used to.

I've really enjoyed it and have had minimal issues. I had a nagging connection issue that I resolved through this forum, where all I needed to do was replace the lightening cable between my phone and the controller.

New update, sent the drone to DJI. Their diagnosis was "Gimbal Axis Arm Module jammed/stucked".

The price to fixed it came to $106 total USD. They guarantee a fix or a replacement of the drone.

They were not able to repair my drone and sent out a new one but still marked my case as repaired.

I was not informed I was going to be sent a new one. Realized it was new because of all the stickers around de drone and the SN was new to me.

New update, sent the drone to DJI. Their diagnosis was "Gimbal Axis Arm Module jammed/stucked".

The price to fixed it came to $106 total USD. They guarantee a fix or a replacement of the drone.

They were not able to repair my drone and sent out a new one but still marked my case as repaired.

I was not informed I was going to be sent a new one. Realized it was new because of all the stickers around de drone and the SN was new to me.

I'm having the same issue with my other Air 2 after doing the latest updates for the drone and controller. I tried slapping it on its back and nose as that was a weird solution for some people with the same errors but nothing has worked for me. Any ideas before I send it to DJI? Also, the application instructions on their repair site say to send everything but as mentioned above, can I still just send the drone and possibly the controller? I have 8 batteries for this thing and don't want to have to send all of that too.

Last edited:
Report from DJI Repair:

Gimbal Coaxial Cable was malfunctioning which caused disconnection of the gimbal (not connected)
IMU Module was malfunctioning which caused IMU Calibration Failure.

My drone is out of warranty but shipping was pre-paid to them and when returned to me. I find their repair fees very affordable.

Capture.PNG

Final update. DJI ended up sending a brand new drone but returned my controller. There was no note about it in the box and I didn't realize it until I noticed my registration stickers I had applied on both sides were gone. Plus, there were clear colored stickers all over the drone just like when you first receive your new drone. Finally when I turned everything on for a test flight, I noticed a 2nd Air 2 in the Fly App profile along with a new serial number. So that's cool as I can get Refresh Care again since mine had expired a couple of years ago.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98