DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S 120fps

Trident

Reactions
Manual says its possible and have a relatively fast Kingston CANVAS REACT PLUS 64mb SD card on board, but try as I might - I still can't figure how to et 120fps 1080 as the specs said I could.
I've tried 264 + 265, MOV + MP4, etc... but no luck - can I get a pointer pls to tell me what I am doing wrong.

I can select 120 fps in slow mo with controller set to Cine, but try as I might I can’t seem to select 120fps /1080 as a std mode which manual says is their? What is the trick I am missing pls?

One possibility is camera zoom. If the digital zoom is utilized, the 120fps slow motion feature like a few other features will not be available. It's also not available when 10-bit mode is selected.

Also the 120fps isn't any more data intensive than the rest of the shooting modes. Regardless of shooting mode, the maximum bitrate is 150Mbps (<19MB/s), a V30 card supports continuous write speeds up to 240Mbps (30MB/s). If you have at least a V30 card it'll support all the modes on the Air 2S. Also when shooting at H265/HEVC the max bit rate is about 125Mbps.

If the card you have is the V90 version, it's insanely overkill for drone, as V90 (90MB/s) supports up to 720Mbps continuous write speed.

PS: I've only ever seen 120fps option in the slo-mo video area.

If it existed in the normal mode, it's going to be softer and not as detailed, since there's less data per frame at 120fps vs 24fps, as the maximum bit rate remains the same for both.

Last edited:
One possibility is camera zoom. If the digital zoom is utilized, the 120fps slow motion feature like a few other features will not be available. It's also not available when 10-bit mode is selected.

Also the 120fps isn't any more data intensive than the rest of the shooting modes. Regardless of shooting mode, the maximum bitrate is 150Mbps (<19MB/s), a V30 card supports continuous write speeds up to 240Mbps (30MB/s). If you have at least a V30 card it'll support all the modes on the Air 2S. Also when shooting at H265/HEVC the max bit rate is about 125Mbps.

If the card you have is the V90 version, it's insanely overkill for drone, as V90 (90MB/s) supports up to 720Mbps continuous write speed.

PS: I've only ever seen 120fps option in the slo-mo video area.

If it existed in the normal mode, it's going to be softer and not as detailed, since there's less data per frame at 120fps vs 24fps, as the maximum bit rate remains the same for both.
To fully utilize speeds above V30, you need a different bus than the 2S has, so V60 and V90 cards are no faster than V30.

To fully utilize speeds above V30, you need a different bus than the 2S has, so V60 and V90 cards are no faster than V30.
This is correct. Hence overkill to use a V60/V90 as I said. Meaning it's not the card's fault, he's more than relatively fast, he's at the max the drone can support by quite a margin.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman