DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S and Litchi.

MavicKhan

Reactions
So, after having sold my Mavic Pro back in January as a first step for an upgrade, I was ready to forego the only thing that does not check my list of requirements for my new drone (all encompassing obstacle avoidance) and commit to buy a Air 2S when I stumbled upon the fact that the SDK for this drone is not released by DJI and, as such, I can not use "Litchi" with it.

I have many, many missions that took a long time to plan in my "Litch" account and I really need any new drone I get to be compatible with it.

The price/size/weight/performance of the new Air 2S is very, very close to what I was waiting for.

Do you guys see any chance I will be able to use "Litchi" with it in the near future?

Thanks

So, after having sold my Mavic Pro back in January as a first step for an upgrade, I was ready to forego the only thing that does not check my list of requirements for my new drone (all encompassing obstacle avoidance) and commit to buy a Air 2S when I stumbled upon the fact that the SDK for this drone is not released by DJI and, as such, I can not use "Litchi" with it.

I have many, many missions that took a long time to plan in my "Litch" account and I really need any new drone I get to be compatible with it.

The price/size/weight/performance of the new Air 2S is very, very close to what I was waiting for.

Do you guys see any chance I will be able to use "Litchi" with it in the near future?

Thanks
Many DISCUSSIONS on this already. SEARCH is your friend on the issue.

Thanks
Autonomous flight capabilities (native missions) have been abandoned on all DJI "consumer" drones since they raped it from the Mavic Air (2018) shortly after its launch (boy was that a scandal). Anything short of the 2 pro and zoom since then use "virtual stick" mode, but only because the Mobile SDK's gave third party developers the ability to do that.

Now DJI is balking at even releasing anything for the Mini 2, A2S and beyond at the consumer level in the MSD releases (Mobile SDK roadmap). Without them, Litchi, Maven, and others will come to a standstill for future additions to their software.

If I were you, I would look for a deal on a Mavic 2 Pro, keeping your native autonomous flights alive, then wait to see what the new "pro" line offers (and costs). Anything recently released short of the M2P/Z will not include "native" waypoints, which is much more risky and device CPU intensive, always requiring fluid connections from the controller to navigate your missions precisely.

Reactions: SightFlight
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121