DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S and Smart Controller fly-more combo

Greyus Nomadicus

Reactions
G'day all,
I'm quitte new here, bought my first drone just a week ago. A DJI-Air 2S with smart controller (DJI Air-2S fly more combo). But one way or the other I can't seem to pair the two together.
Checked the firmware on the controller ( Rev 01.0.064). Which is to my knowledge the latest version.
Firmware on the drone itself, unknown. Tried to just power it up but that doesn't work either.

The package comes with a smart controller only, the suggestions to use the standard controller first are out of my reach.

As it all comes straight out of the box, one would think things are compatable, but apparently they are not.
When trying to pair the controller with the drone, the smart controller keeps asking me to press the powerbutton on the underside of the vehicle for 4 seconds....there is no power button there (to my knowledge at least).

Downloaded the DJI assistant software on my computer, tried to connect both the controller and the drone. No succes in communicating or updating anything.

FYI; bought the set here at a respectable reseller, went back to them with my first unit, hoping they could help me in pairing the lot, but unfortunatly, they also were unable to help. They declared the first unit DOA and gave me a new set. Unfortunatly that didn't solve the issue.
Therefore my assumption now is I'm doing something basicly wrong here, but what?

My newby question to you all, how do you pair the Air-2S to the "smart" controller for I am clueless.
Am I the only one with these issues or is it a known thing?

BTW: contacted DJI by telephone and by mail at ask for a solution.... hmmm, how do I say this politly... not very helpfull unless you speak chinese/english.

Thanks in advance for your help.

When trying to pair the controller with the drone, the smart controller keeps asking me to press the powerbutton on the underside of the vehicle for 4 seconds....there is no power button there (to my knowledge at least).
You need to press the power button on the Air 2S when it is already on for at least four seconds..... it will put it into pairing mode. Don't know if it will fix your problem but it is the correct procedure.

You need to press the power button on the Air 2S when it is already on for at least four seconds..... it will put it into pairing mode. Don't know if it will fix your problem but it is the correct procedure.
Thanks for your input but I've tried that for quitte a few times now, changed batteries, made sure they are fully charged but the drone does not want to stay "on" the four small leds on top of the battery blink for a few times and then it shuts down again. No sign of life what so ever.
Thanks anyway for your feedback!

Ok.... I think I got this part for you. You need to boot the drone by short pressing the power button releasing, then pressing and holding the power button until the fans come on and the props move.

Then you can worry about the pairing.

Well, guess what happened.... I was quitte fed-up with this and left it to itselfs for an hour or so and do some usefull stuff. I left the drone connected by USB to my computer and apperantly someone or something has motivated the drone to wake-up. It was softly purring when I came back. Pushed the battery button and lights started flashing and all.
I think/hope that the controller and the drone are paired now, the firmware is busy downloading/updating (35% now) and hopefully I can activate the system later.
There appears to be light at the end of the tunnel, not sure yet whether it's daylight or an upcoming train... ;-) to be continued.
Thanks again.

As said, you need to learn how to start the process with a double press on the battery button. Short then long. Short press only shows the battery charge temporarily. Then the long press starts the drone or remote.

Well, guess what happened.... I was quitte fed-up with this and left it to itselfs for an hour or so and do some usefull stuff. I left the drone connected by USB to my computer and apperantly someone or something has motivated the drone to wake-up. It was softly purring when I came back. Pushed the battery button and lights started flashing and all.
I think/hope that the controller and the drone are paired now, the firmware is busy downloading/updating (35% now) and hopefully I can activate the system later.
There appears to be light at the end of the tunnel, not sure yet whether it's daylight or an upcoming train... ;-) to be continued.
Thanks again.
YouTube "beginner" videos are a great start. Many of them covering a lot of different, but IMPORTANT topics.

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
There’s many knowledgeable members willing to help you with any questions you have. Search the forum using key words and if you don’t find an answer, post your question and I’m sure you’ll get a quick response! Fly safe and stay safe!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98