DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S, ND filters and Litchi.

MavicKhan

Reactions
As the SDK for the Air 2S is finally out and just pending on the Litchi's app for the AIr2S evolving from a beta to a full release, I am about to pull the trigger on a DJI Air 2S Fly More Combo with the DJI Smart Controller.

2 Questions:

1. As I understand it, the ND filter kit that comes in this combo features NDs 4, 8, 16 and 32. So, if I want the 64. 128, 256 and 512 filter kit I will have to order it separately, correct?

2. Is anyone using the Litchi app on the Smart Controller with other drones? The litchi site as instructions on how to install it and it does say the Smart Controller is compatible but I would like to have some first-hand reports.

Thank you for any inputs.

MK

1. As I understand it, the ND filter kit that comes in this combo features NDs 4, 8, 16 and 32. So, if I want the 64. 128, 256 and 512 filter kit I will have to order it separately, correct?
Can only guide you regarding this one ... & yeah, in the Fly more combo they only include the 4, 8,16 & 32 kit.

Do you know way you want the other kit... I mean the kit you get will be more than sufficient for filming if you are fuzzy & absolutely want to keep the shutter speed according to the 180 degree rule for natural motion blur. The other kit will not come in use for filming ... they are more biased towards stills where you want to "freeze" motion & create smooth flowing water & such.

Thank you for your input.

In my experience, with the Mavic Pro, I sometimes needed the ND64, under very bright conditions to force the 1/50 shutter speed for 28 fps.

It's a pity that the kits split at exactly 32 to 64.

Is there a good stand-alone ND 64 for the Air 2S on the market?

MK

...In my experience, with the Mavic Pro, I sometimes needed the ND64, under very bright conditions to force the 1/50 shutter
And what do you loose in your videos if you instead ends up with 1/100sec?

Motion blur in drone footage usually is a factor when flying lower than 30m, flying very close to objects or do really fast craft/camera movements like yawing the craft or pitching the camera ... & this without any kind of ND in bright conditions with shutters on 1/800-1000. If you in those rare occasions where a ND64 is needed for a 180 degree angle (1/50) instead use 360 degrees (1/100), that will not be visible in your footage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78