DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 waypoint reordering

KenG

Reactions
Is it possible to change the sequence of waypoints once they are added? I set up a number of waypoints this morning and after flying them I realized I wanted to add a climbing pullback shot at the end but I wanted to position the aircraft at the final existing waypoint before adding another waypoint. Since I couldn't figure out how to just fly to the final wp, I decided to just fly the mission as it was and hover at the final wp to see where the aircraft was before adding this new final wp.

The problem I ran into was every time I tried to fly the very same route I had flown a couple of times already, it would cancel the mission due to collision avoidance. It kept indicating I was too close to the ground at my start wp. I took the aircraft up a few feet, canceled the initial first waypoint and set this new position as a waypoint intending it to be the number one or start wp. But, it added it to the end. I realize it gives me the ability to label this wp as the start but I wasn't sure if the aircraft would go to the remaining wp's in the correct sequence or not as I still wanted to add the wp I originally intended to add (the climbing pullback shot).

I wound up using up the remaining battery trying to reorder the wp's without success. So, can the order of the programmed waypoints be changed or am I overthinking this whole thing?

wow Ken that was way way to much to absorb point ,i think if you had just gone back on the chosen waypoint route ,you had originally set ,it is possible to add or change the behaviour of the drone, at a particular waypoint ,or indeed add a waypoint to the start of the journey or alternatively at the end , and even delete a waypoint ,but dont quote me on that ,its just something i saw ,on one of the YT videos ,about flying waypoints with the Air 3

Reactions: Krrr
Short answer, no you can't reorder them. You can edit any or all existing waypoints. You can add POI and link any waypoint. A quick tip, if you are editing an existing way point do a "save as" so the original doesn't get overwritten. One more thing, are you taking off from the same place each time? ALL altitude is calculated from the takeoff point.

Short answer, no you can't reorder them. You can edit any or all existing waypoints. You can add POI and link any waypoint. A quick tip, if you are editing an existing way point do a "save as" so the original doesn't get overwritten. One more thing, are you taking off from the same place each time? ALL altitude is calculated from the takeoff point.
Ok. Thank you. Can you clarify/elaborate on "add POI and link any waypoint" please? I'm not getting what you mean by that.

wow Ken that was way way to much to absorb point ,i think if you had just gone back on the chosen waypoint route ,you had originally set ,it is possible to add or change the behaviour of the drone, at a particular waypoint ,or indeed add a waypoint to the start of the journey or alternatively at the end , and even delete a waypoint ,but dont quote me on that ,its just something i saw ,on one of the YT videos ,about flying waypoints with the Air 3
My apologies. I was afraid it was too much but wanted to be sure I didn't leave any detail out where I might have screwed up.

Reactions: old man mavic
@KenG no need for an apology ,my reply, was partly a poor attempt at humour,as i had to read it several times to take it all in

You CAN add more POIs at any location. The set which waypoints point at which one. You can also add more waypoints, just not reorder them.
Good info, but I believe you meant, "Then set which waypoints point at which one."
(Instead of "The set….")

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1