DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3S vs Air 3 vs Mavic 3 Pro by YouTuber Tom Whazzup

davidarmenb

Reactions
I want to share a comparison video between the three drones by a YouTube channel called Tom Whazzup. It is mostly regarding the quality, perceived resolution, and dynamic range of video taken with these drones.
The reason for this share is because this is the first video I’ve seen where he allows you to see the differences for yourself, and to judge for yourself.
Yes, YouTube compression will have an impact but at least we know that all the footage is passing through that same YouTube compression so the ability to compare can still be valuable.

Good video. Hoping somebody does something similar for still photos.
I might try something like that when I get my 3S. Thinking of placing the Air 3 and Air 3S in a specific spot on the floor and taking shots of my back yard, one drone at a time, so both drones are at the same exact spot with same framing. Comparing the wide angle sensors/lenses and then the telephoto sensors/lenses and comparing both 12MP mode and 48/50MP mode and even trying things such as taking the photos in auto mode and then manual mode with the same EV values since f1.7 and f1.8 are only half of a third of a stop in exposure difference, and then uploading the DNGs for anyone who is curious.
The far side of my back yard is pretty much a forest so I think it will be a good subject for testing because of all the detail in the trees and branches and leaves and some of the sky for dynamic range comparisons etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solarc