DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft disconnected for a very short period

dmcgrew

Reactions
Alright.. so I've never had this happen before. I was flying and all the sudden I see "Aircraft Disconnected" on my remote. Then it seemed like it reconnected then it disconnected again for a very short period. This all happened within the matter of about 5 seconds. It freaked me out especially since I was flying over water and had some aggressive pigeons flying around. I thought for sure that a pigeon knocked me out of the sky. Luckily everything reconnected in like 5 seconds and I immediately landed.

Is this normal? I've seen low signal flash up temporarily before when I have been about 1,000 feet away, but never had the aircraft disconnected message.

I attached my flight log. I used the log viewer at phantomhelp.com but didn't really learn much. I was curious to see if there was a signal strength parameter but I don't see it on the viewer. The good news is the battery voltage seemed consistent.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-05-19_[12-41-44].txt
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
What DJI product?

I've had my Mavic Air disconnect only once also seemingly out of nowhere, did not reconnect and executed RTH to within 1ft of where it took off from.
Prior to that I flew one whole battery at the exact same location moments before. It was the beginning of the second battery/flight it did it. Has not done it since and have been on many flights there after.

Once the AC disconnects it naturally also stops the AC communicating it's flight analytics to the RC, so that's exactly what I saw with what logs there were at the time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54