Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft disconnects with RC

arseniomoidin

Reactions
Hey Guys.
Hope youre doing well.

So this is my issue.
Couple of weeks ago my drone started havinf connection issues. So i thought maybe its my RC. Since one of my friends also has an mavic air 2 i borrowed his rc to see if thats the problem. Sadly its keep having transmission issues even when the drone is still on the ground. So theres something wrong with the antenna on the drone i guess?

What ive also noticed is that if i turn the transmission frequency to 2.4 i get a little more distance but it still disconnects and it doesnt reconnect even ismf the drone gets closer with RTH.

I also updated the RC and drone firmware.

Can you guys help me out i think its a hardware issue

Put the phone in airplane mode, make sure the drone it's working in FCC mode, else hack it to force FCC mode, use dual band mode and be sure to point the controller towards the drone at all time and fly in an unobstructed line of sight sight.

Also, check the cable between the controller and the phone is making a good connection.

Reactions: b1xn00d
Put the phone in airplane mode, make sure the drone it's working in FCC mode, else hack it to force FCC mode, use dual band mode and be sure to point the controller towards the drone at all time and fly in an unobstructed line of sight sight.

Also, check the cable between the controller and the phone is making a good connection.
The DJI RC doesn't use a phone; it is a self-contained controller and display.

Recently fixed this issue myself; reposting my reply from another thread here. I bought a crashed Mavic Air 2 and a DJI RC for cheap on ebay and replaced the gimbal arm / cables (camera was fine but was dangling by a wire). Everything seemed to be working except that the gimbal would frequently stop responding and the drone would frequently (~once per two minutes) lose connection to the remote controller regardless of how close I was and start auto-landing. Including one time on my roof. I was on the verge of ordering a new remote or replacing the motherboard (neither of which would have worked) when I saw this.

I turned off battery saver on my phone (Google Pixel 3), deleted some old files / unused apps, and turned on airplane mode. All my connection issues went away. Haven't tested it much with airplane mode off yet.

I then found that the drone refused to fly more than ~30m away from me. Creating an account on DJI Fly (was previously not logged in - but read that this worked in some other thread) fixed that and now the drone's working great.

Recently fixed this issue myself; reposting my reply from another thread here. I bought a crashed Mavic Air 2 and a DJI RC for cheap on ebay and replaced the gimbal arm / cables (camera was fine but was dangling by a wire). Everything seemed to be working except that the gimbal would frequently stop responding and the drone would frequently (~once per two minutes) lose connection to the remote controller regardless of how close I was and start auto-landing. Including one time on my roof. I was on the verge of ordering a new remote or replacing the motherboard (neither of which would have worked) when I saw this.

I turned off battery saver on my phone (Google Pixel 3), deleted some old files / unused apps, and turned on airplane mode. All my connection issues went away. Haven't tested it much with airplane mode off yet.

I then found that the drone refused to fly more than ~30m away from me. Creating an account on DJI Fly (was previously not logged in - but read that this worked in some other thread) fixed that and now the drone's working great.
Lately I have the same , or similar issues, I have a 5 year old Mavic 2 Pro, the drone would take off ok ,but only fly fwd. for say 10m and then stop, then i would get a loss of transmission signal on the smart controller. After several attempts to fly fwd. the return to home kicked in and it would land. I checked for current firmware updates etc. and all seemed to be in order . Any thoughts?

Lately I have the same , or similar issues, I have a 5 year old Mavic 2 Pro, the drone would take off ok ,but only fly fwd. for say 10m and then stop, then i would get a loss of transmission signal on the smart controller. After several attempts to fly fwd. the return to home kicked in and it would land. I checked for current firmware updates etc. and all seemed to be in order . Any thoughts?
With the smart controller? I honestly have no idea, my issues were all due to using the dumb controller (DJI RC-N1) and a phone that was configured to be too slow to run DJI Fly properly. If you launch the drone but keep it close to the remote controller, does the signal still die after about the same time or is it distance-dependent?

With the smart controller? I honestly have no idea, my issues were all due to using the dumb controller (DJI RC-N1) and a phone that was configured to be too slow to run DJI Fly properly. If you launch the drone but keep it close to the remote controller, does the signal still die after about the same time or is it distance-dependent?
Sorry about the late reply.
I gave the drone to the guy who I brought it from , for him to try and find out what was happening, he also could not solve the issue.
When I got it back there was an update that needed to be done, an update that I did not think would have anything to do with my issue, it was to do with revised airport area flight restrictions, I don't fly near an airport. However, the next time I flew it was ok , except that I kept on getting a message , " aircraft disconnected" but then it would reconnect and fly ok. I was only flying in a park so no distance was involved , could only travel about 80m from controller. Its too windy to fly today so will see what happens later. Thanks for your comments.

Sorry about the late reply.
I gave the drone to the guy who I brought it from , for him to try and find out what was happening, he also could not solve the issue.
When I got it back there was an update that needed to be done, an update that I did not think would have anything to do with my issue, it was to do with revised airport area flight restrictions, I don't fly near an airport. However, the next time I flew it was ok , except that I kept on getting a message , " aircraft disconnected" but then it would reconnect and fly ok. I was only flying in a park so no distance was involved , could only travel about 80m from controller. Its too windy to fly today so will see what happens later. Thanks for your comments.
Hope it worked! Mine's still flying great two months later (including with wifi enabled on my phone) so making an account and turning off battery saver on my phone was all that was needed.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S