DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airport Drone Flight

Pedwards

Reactions
A flight around Bristol Airport (EGGD/BRS) during the 1st UK lockdown in spring 2020. Over the past 20 years Bristol Airport has continued to grow, in 2019 the airport saw over 9 million passengers. But in 2020 the Covid 19 pandemic hit the world and aviation was decimated in a matter of days. This flight was to capture a moment in time, when flights had reduced to just a few a day and most of the UK fleet were on the ground. The flight was within Class D airspace, permission for the flight was obtained from NATS, CAA, Bristol Airport and through the DJI app. Interestingly, despite ATC knowledge that the drone was flying and where, when I spoke to them at the end of the flights they report they did not once see the drone (Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic Mini). Please fly responsibly and follow the rules and laws within the country you fly.

@Pedwards a great video ,and for sure one to be savoured and saved for a future date, a moment in time ,during very unusual circumstances

Reactions: Pedwards
Thank you. I believe some of the first images were with both. The images after were solely with the Pro 2.

A flight around Bristol Airport (EGGD/BRS) during the 1st UK lockdown in spring 2020. Over the past 20 years Bristol Airport has continued to grow, in 2019 the airport saw over 9 million passengers. But in 2020 the Covid 19 pandemic hit the world and aviation was decimated in a matter of days. This flight was to capture a moment in time, when flights had reduced to just a few a day and most of the UK fleet were on the ground. The flight was within Class D airspace, permission for the flight was obtained from NATS, CAA, Bristol Airport and through the DJI app. Interestingly, despite ATC knowledge that the drone was flying and where, when I spoke to them at the end of the flights they report they did not once see the drone (Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic Mini). Please fly responsibly and follow the rules and laws within the country you fly.

Nice video, kind of sad though.

Great video. Nice editing. That's what I love about drones; you can get impossible footage. It's really cool to get something like that though. Looks almost post-apocalyptical.

Nice video. Love the theme song.

Reactions: NG Wildman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus