DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alabama Gulf Coast

Good morning-
This is a good place for flying drones- lots of very interesting wildlife and water to see, and except for military bases and other obvious "no fly zones" pretty wide open for drone flying.

The Causeway is a great place to fly and see, and Dauphin Island is also a cool place for flying.

I've had absolutely no problems with anyone giving me trouble for drone flying in over four years of flying here.

Good flying to you- let us know what you see- Ed

Good morning-
This is a good place for flying drones- lots of very interesting wildlife and water to see, and except for military bases and other obvious "no fly zones" pretty wide open for drone flying.

The Causeway is a great place to fly and see, and Dauphin Island is also a cool place for flying.

I've had absolutely no problems with anyone giving me trouble for drone flying in over four years of flying here.

Good flying to you- let us know what you see- Ed
Hi.
Yes I've tried my hand on daughin island a time or two. The causeway was cool. As long as you stay 100 ft from battleship you can view it as well.

There is one spot I wanted to fly over but was hesitant of the area. It's an old abandoned resort that was never finished on the east end of the causeway.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230629-092320.png
    Screenshot_20230629-092320.png
    3 MB · Views: 3
Hi.
Yes I've tried my hand on daughin island a time or two. The causeway was cool. As long as you stay 100 ft from battleship you can view it as well.

There is one spot I wanted to fly over but was hesitant of the area. It's an old abandoned resort that was never finished on the east end of the causeway.
Tizlor- it seems I just got back from eating lunch out at the Causeway- good food for sure.

I've gotten shots of gators, commercial fishermen pulling crab traps on the bay, lots of different birds, and in winter when the water in the bay is low, you can spot several old dead sailing ships which were pulled up the creeks and left there to die- interesting things.
I've flown around the battleship, too. Just launch from the side of the road on the Causeway and there's no problem. good talking with you- Ed

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair