DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AliExpress Warning

I have never heard of a counterfeit Mini 3 Pro drone...from anywhere (except maybe the grey or black market where you would know for sure it is fake). If the fake product doesn't really exist then it is unlikely you would unknowingly buy one. I haven't heard of a single individual who has bought a fake Mini 3 Pro drone (which would very difficult to fake I might add).

I have heard of thousands of microSD card fakes, there must be millions of counterfeit product on the open market, and I actually got 5 of them in the past. So there's no need to be paranoid about fake DJI drones....from anywhere basically.
Dude, I was being facetious.

Reactions: mavic3usa
I'll leave you with one last video (not mine) for your entertainment:
Well, that just appears to be hearsay IMHO. He mentions "commingling" without noting that it's an option the seller elects to use or not.

Since you posted your link to Amazon's commingling option, I've searched for more information about it. Every reference to it that I've been able to dig up states that it's a choice that sellers make. Yes, commingling is bad. It's particularly pernicious because a bad actor wants to have his cr@p commingled because that means some people paying for his goods could get bona fide products and give them and his store good reviews.

But the fact that bad actors choose to commingle their inventory on Amazon doesn't mean that everyone does it, especially if they want to uphold their reputation. It's like someone saying that "Cars kill people, therefore all drivers are murderers". One does not imply the other.

Amazon has a reputation to maintain too, and if they want to host reputable sellers then they need to offer them an assurance that black hat actors aren't going sneak fake merchandise into their stores.

So in my mind it still boils down to whether or not you're (a) savvy enough to pay attention to who the actual seller is without relying on the mere fact that it's coming from Amazon, and (b) whether or not you trust that seller.

The one thing that Amazon should do, IMHO, is give us consumers a way to positively identify whether a particular listing is for commingled product or not. I think that would go a long way to assuage people's doubts.

Well, that just appears to be hearsay IMHO. He mentions "commingling" without noting that it's an option the seller elects to use or not.

Since you posted your link to Amazon's commingling option, I've searched for more information about it. Every reference to it that I've been able to dig up states that it's a choice that sellers make. Yes, commingling is bad. It's particularly pernicious because a bad actor wants to have his cr@p commingled because that means some people paying for his goods could get bona fide products and give them and his store good reviews.

But the fact that bad actors choose to commingle their inventory on Amazon doesn't mean that everyone does it, especially if they want to uphold their reputation. It's like someone saying that "Cars kill people, therefore all drivers are murderers". One does not imply the other.

Amazon has a reputation to maintain too, and if they want to host reputable sellers then they need to offer them an assurance that black hat actors aren't going sneak fake merchandise into their stores.

So in my mind it still boils down to whether or not you're (a) savvy enough to pay attention to who the actual seller is without relying on the mere fact that it's coming from Amazon, and (b) whether or not you trust that seller.

The one thing that Amazon should do, IMHO, is give us consumers a way to positively identify whether a particular listing is for commingled product or not. I think that would go a long way to assuage people's doubts.
Yeah ok. 🤣

Update to this thread from one of the numerous virtual stores on Amazon:

Interesting reading, but is Sandisk the only company who has their SD cards faked? It would appear so. What if I buy Kodak, which I do, mainly because my Father used to work for them and he got staff discounts and I've sort of stuck with them, mainly because I never had any problems with them. I don't know how many companies manufacture SD cards, but if someone is faking Sandisk, why not the rest of them?

Anyway, that's not why I posted. What I'd like to know is how do I check that what I purchase is genuine? Could a kind soul tell me if there's such a thing as a Free SD card forensic software package please. Preferably something simple which doesn't need a mind like Einstein to operate.

The reason I ask is, my darling wife purchased 3 128Gb Evoplus Samsung SD Cards for me as a present and I'd like to test them prior to letting them on board one of my Mavics. Thank you in advance. Stu

...Anyway, that's not why I posted. What I'd like to know is how do I check that what I purchase is genuine?...prior to letting them on board one of my Mavics.
Well, the easiest way IS to put them in your Mavic & record hi-res video, if all is good & the card can keep up, the card is most probably ok.

Or you can use some of the numerous free SD card speed testers out there on WWW... below some of them.

Top 8 Free SD Card Speed Test Tool 2023

Interesting reading, but is Sandisk the only company who has their SD cards faked? It would appear so. What if I buy Kodak, which I do, mainly because my Father used to work for them and he got staff discounts and I've sort of stuck with them, mainly because I never had any problems with them. I don't know how many companies manufacture SD cards, but if someone is faking Sandisk, why not the rest of them?

Anyway, that's not why I posted. What I'd like to know is how do I check that what I purchase is genuine? Could a kind soul tell me if there's such a thing as a Free SD card forensic software package please. Preferably something simple which doesn't need a mind like Einstein to operate.

The reason I ask is, my darling wife purchased 3 128Gb Evoplus Samsung SD Cards for me as a present and I'd like to test them prior to letting them on board one of my Mavics. Thank you in advance. Stu
I say it is 80/20 with Samsung and Sandisk leading the way regarding fakes. These days the fakes are the bigger cards with 128gb at $9 being less likely then ever. This is the site I used to check:

How to Spot a Fake MicroSD Card and Avoid Being Scammed

I've seen Sandisk, Kingston and Samsung fakes... For other types of storage, Western Digital has some fakes too. Those brands I buy only from official stores. Unbranded cards usually has the right amount of storage, but are painfully slow. This Mixza (at least for me) are spot on with the specs they claim, and I didn't see fakes of it...

I downloaded that software, but it crashed after the first test. I downloaded another RMPrepUSB and it checked every SD card I own. Just the one came up bad. It was supposed to be a Sandisk 128Gb and turned out to be a 20gb. That's a strange number. I loaded 19.5GB worth of MP3's on it and it worked as good as a real one. Speedwise I can't say, the results of the test was a mass of numbers I couldn't decipher. Mr. Einstein would have a better idea I think. Ted Einstein, not that other one. He used to live 2 doors down from me in the UK. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom