DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

All files from a flight missing.

Derlisz

Reactions
In short after taking a flight that involved some video and a few photos I find that the DCIM folder on the sd card is actually empty. There was no error message of any kind and the files did not record on the internal memory. The cashe files recorded on the smart controller as normal. On the memory card there exist "support files" for the missing pictures and video with respective sequential file numbering. This is very odd but it's also a second time this has happened to me. Firs time I thought it was a fluke because it was my second flight with the bird and there where many updates science that time. Has anyone else come across this issue at all?

What are you flying? If it's M2P, you need to set the default location where the footage is stored to SD card. So quite possibly, the footage is in your drone memory. Perhaps this was reset during firmware update or by accident somehow.

Last edited:
What are you flying? If it's M2P, you need to set the default location where the footage is stored to SD card. So quite possibly, the footage is in your drone memory. Perhaps this was reset during firmware update or by accident somehow.
Mavic 2 Pro. I forgot to mention that I've checked both the internal memory and the sd. The support files like miniatures etc are saved on the memory card but the actual pictures and videos are not.

Ouch... Did you try with a different SD? Maybe your SD is defective?
On the first flight that this happened (well over a year ago) I have used a different card. Besides the issue is not that it recorded something and its damaged. There are no files videos of photos and the space on the card has not changed apart from the supports files for each photo and video that are normally created in other folders. The DCIM is empty. If this was a professional shoot I would be so pissed. Nevertheless where this was taking place i will probably never go again so I'm not happy about it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters