DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Altitude with no phone?

Lightsped

Reactions
There may be occasions where I just simply need to go straight up (and maybe several feet off to the side) for a quick photo or two. I should be able to do this without my phone right? If so, what is the max altitude without the phone. I would hope it would be at least 40 or 50 feet. Basically straight up, snap a photo, and come back down. No exploring or anything out of eye sight.

Reactions: Wersh
There may be occasions where I just simply need to go straight up (and maybe several feet off to the side) for a quick photo or two. I should be able to do this without my phone right? If so, what is the max altitude without the phone. I would hope it would be at least 40 or 50 feet. Basically straight up, snap a photo, and come back down. No exploring or anything out of eye sight.
Theoretically, I believe you could do this, it would be more difficult and you would have limited control and options if something goes wrong and difficulty framing the photo. I would not advise, however I do believe possible.
This is just my personal opinion and I am the cautious type.

Last edited:
It is the same as with a phone. Connect a phone to the controller and fly. Now, disconnect the phone. Nothing changes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
56cbr600rr