DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazing what can cripple you!

Last edited:
I am based out of Surprise, so thats pretty close to Black Canyon City

At 110 (or higher!), it’s just too miserable to fly, even if i can find shade. My Arizona summer flying is primarily before 9:00 a.m. or around sunset. 🥵
I do the same thing. If I don't fly, it's not about me worrying the drone might over heat, it's about me overheating.

Reactions: dart106
When I first started this hobby, I was SO "gung ho" I was flying literally every day. It did consume my life, a lot of it! I also started building a "fleet" so I could also try many different machines. I started studying for my 107 and so on and so forth. Then, it happened. My "drone phone" as I call it took a poop. That's, unfortunately all it took, to hinder my ability to fly. Other things did also crop up that I had realized I was actually neglecting due to my new overpowering hobby and I did figure "this would be a good time to go ahead and take care of those". I may also be getting old but the thought of then having to buy a, most likely expensive, phone or other device for flying in the future.

Well, I did also decide that a phone would no longer be large enough of a screen that I should most certainly go with a tablet to fly. So I even purchased a nice "large" tablet. Well, of course then that will not fit in the remotes for the various drones in my "fleet". So everything continued to sit around a little more. I did get to tend to other necessary things that I had been neglecting. Well within this last week, I decided "enough is enough"! This stuff has started collecting enough dust, I NEED to get a tablet mount. I was really hoping to find one, NOT on "amazon" (I HATE amazon) but alas I just bit the bullet and ordered the one on amazon. It is supposed to be a pretty darn good one...

So, my awesome new tab mount is here! I am (re) downloading all the necessary "software" to fly, and cannot wait to "get back into it"! But just thinking about all this, it's actually pretty amazing what can hinder a hobby, especially one like this. Now, sure, I could have done all this within a period of a day, or week, or other short duration; but that's not really the relevant part right now. Sure I may have "slacked around" and took my time but, it's still "amazing" that merely having one small cog (my drone phone) break, could cause this much of a ripple effect, hindering this AWESOME hobby!

Any way and nonetheless ~ I AM BACK :D

PS) it's not like I can really fly in "summer" anyway (besides at night); the AZ sun would probably (literally) blow up the battery in (any) drone if I even tried LOL
Welcome back.

Sparc343, wait till you buy yourself DJI Integra goggles to fly your drone. You'll be sitting in your drone without sun reflection on your iPhone or iPad screens or snow diffused light around you like we have up here in Saguenay region 300 miles north from Montreal! Happy flying!

Reactions: Sparc343
When I first started this hobby, I was SO "gung ho" I was flying literally every day. It did consume my life, a lot of it! I also started building a "fleet" so I could also try many different machines. I started studying for my 107 and so on and so forth. Then, it happened. My "drone phone" as I call it took a poop. That's, unfortunately all it took, to hinder my ability to fly. Other things did also crop up that I had realized I was actually neglecting due to my new overpowering hobby and I did figure "this would be a good time to go ahead and take care of those". I may also be getting old but the thought of then having to buy a, most likely expensive, phone or other device for flying in the future.

Well, I did also decide that a phone would no longer be large enough of a screen that I should most certainly go with a tablet to fly. So I even purchased a nice "large" tablet. Well, of course then that will not fit in the remotes for the various drones in my "fleet". So everything continued to sit around a little more. I did get to tend to other necessary things that I had been neglecting. Well within this last week, I decided "enough is enough"! This stuff has started collecting enough dust, I NEED to get a tablet mount. I was really hoping to find one, NOT on "amazon" (I HATE amazon) but alas I just bit the bullet and ordered the one on amazon. It is supposed to be a pretty darn good one...

So, my awesome new tab mount is here! I am (re) downloading all the necessary "software" to fly, and cannot wait to "get back into it"! But just thinking about all this, it's actually pretty amazing what can hinder a hobby, especially one like this. Now, sure, I could have done all this within a period of a day, or week, or other short duration; but that's not really the relevant part right now. Sure I may have "slacked around" and took my time but, it's still "amazing" that merely having one small cog (my drone phone) break, could cause this much of a ripple effect, hindering this AWESOME hobby!

Any way and nonetheless ~ I AM BACK :D

PS) it's not like I can really fly in "summer" anyway (besides at night); the AZ sun would probably (literally) blow up the battery in (any) drone if I even tried LOL
Fly in the early morning at Dawn, you will creat better images and we "should" never miss a dawn or sunset if possible... Them temps even in AZ should be very comfortable between 5-7AM

Reactions: Sparc343
Well, the one thing you did not mention that personally hindered my

ambition for the hobby (and one that has no fix), is the negative actions from

uniformed people who like to challenge your passion.

For me, that has taken a lot of the wind out of my sails.

Kudos to all who can ignore this negativity and not let it hinder your joy of the sport.

Cheers

Lance

Welcome back. I also recently returned from a long hiatus... my "real job" got in the way of this side hustle/hobby. I'm in Northwest Tucson/Marana area. And it's finally getting cooler... although I flew today and it was 94 (still). OOF.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne