DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazon fire tablet

Remote controller interference shouldn’t be affected by the Fire I don’t think. Did you check the KP index of the area you were flying in? Any trees or buildings around to cause the interference? No idea on the dates. I don’t save anything on the Fire, I have an SD card reader for my iPhone to import and edit videos.

Gadawg. Can not thank you enough. I was just being impatient. Have not yet taken of - weather grotty - but everything now seems ready to 'go'. No longer getting the 'switch on location' message and map with Home Point all as it should be.
Only question now,though I have done some research, is which holder do you recommend for the Fire?
Again thank yo for your time.
Remote controller interference shouldn’t be affected by the Fire I don’t think. Did you check the KP index of the area you were flying in? Any trees or buildings around to cause the interference? No idea on the dates. I don’t save anything on the Fire, I have an SD card reader for my iPhone to import and edit videos.
Never had the problem before. Someone suggested that I had the wifi on which is true. So will try again without. Date a mystery!

In my experience I do get better range with apple devices, but my Fire is good to about 3500 feet out with trees around before I get an interference warning. I don’t typically go much farther than that anyway unless I have strobes and Lume Cubes on it to maintain VLOS. I use UAV Forecast or Drone Buddy to check the KP Index before flight to get a general idea of earths interference on the drone before flying.

In my experience I do get better range with apple devices, but my Fire is good to about 3500 feet out with trees around before I get an interference warning. I don’t typically go much farther than that anyway unless I have strobes and Lume Cubes on it to maintain VLOS. I use UAV Forecast or Drone Buddy to check the KP Index before flight to get a general idea of earths interference on the drone before flying.
Likewise 1km is about my limit for VLOS. Stop using UAV otherwise i would never fly! Will check out Drone Buddy. I have to say i have been flying in this place for a few years and never before had the RC interference message.

Did you have to "jail break" the tablets? Are any of the functions of the DJI Fly app limited, such as return to home, or location in map view?
Just sideload the apk file and install it. You don't have to debloate the fire tablets.

RTH works fine. I always had the tablet connected to the phones hotspot and the location on. About map view, the app worked fine with the amazon map.
I bought a Fire HD 8 and every time I tried to install the app, it came back with app not installed.

Couple of hours flying. All well until I kept getting 'strong remote controller interference' warnings and videos saved as Jan 1970! Any thoughts?
[emphasis added by me]

I realize this is a very old post, but just in case anyone else runs into this issue, I propose a solution involving flux capacitors and a DeLorean.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO