DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

An expensive privacy lesson

I 1000% agree. As much as I appreciate all the knowledge I've gleaned from mavicpilots.com, holy hell is it getting anxiety inducing. It seems 90% of the members here are walking around with some sort of Karen PTSD.

Then I get out and actually fly a drone around my neighborhood, in my suburban city center, in rural areas west of the city, at least once a week in downtown Chicago and guess what- NOBODY. GIVES. A. ****.
Start noting the members that post 90% of the posts you are referring to, and suddenly that skew disappears. In other words 90% of the paranoid posts belong to just a few people. Just saying.

I don’t get wacko’s either, but I do not make a habit of flying in my neighborhood or in populated public spaces.

Start noting the members that post 90% of the posts you are referring to, and suddenly that skew disappears. In other words 90% of the paranoid posts belong to just a few people. Just saying.

I don’t get wacko’s either, but I do not make a habit of flying in my neighborhood or in populated public spaces.

I suppose my point was that in spite of flying in my neighborhood(I live in a very scenic river community) and flying in populated public spaces(I'm an architectural photographer, so..) I've never had a negative reaction. I didnt pay thousands of dollars for my drone equipment to fly solely in the secluded mountains far from civilization for fear of pissing someone off.

That said, I dont fly like an *******. I take my photography very seriously and make that abundantly clear when I fly.

I cant speak for other people's experiences, but I strongly suspect there's usually more to the story in some of these 'us vs them' posts.

Oh I get your point ok. I just disagree with it. The government doesn't have rights.

The fact that you seem to think I am asserting rights on behalf of the government is the clearest indication you have no clue what I'm talking about.

Reactions: mavic3usa
I have to agree with that sentence. I normally stay out of my own neighborhood, except to fly over it from my balcony to get to the wooded areas surrounding it. It's a small neighborhood. Believe me, I've gotten some flak from a couple neighbors when I had to stop and hover just for a few minutes over the neighborhood. I've since made friends with them.

Also, When I fly over my nearby beaches, I go at 7am to 9am when hardly anyone is there yet. Nobody bothers me, because there isn't enough people to bother. I pack it up, if there are too many people. Many people don't like seeing a hovering drone nearby, especially when they are half naked in their swimsuits.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne