DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

An old chestnut but I am losing the will to live.

Soxer123

Reactions
My Mavic Air has been safely packed away unused for a year due to the pandemic. When I last flew it, it ran perfectly.

Powered it up last night and the RC handset will not connect to the aircraft.

I have:

Re installed DJI GO4 on my Xperia XZ Premium phone and Huawei tablet.

Followed the instructions for connecting wired and wireless and QR scan.

I then turned to DJI live chat. What a waste of time.

They said download Assistant 2 and upgrade the firmware. I believe I've done this. The progress showed 100% and then the program closes. I have no idea how to verify the job was successful or not and no one at DJI could help.

Then DJI said send it back for an engineer to look at it. Well, I've no job and no money so that's not on. If the equipment was working fine last year, why not now for heaven;s sake?

If anyone has any light they can shed on this I'd appreciate it.

I am not sure at this point if the RC handset can be updated. I saw that it can be plugged into assistant 2 but when I did I got no directions from the software.

Really at my wits end with this equipment so help would be appreciated. I have researched it and got nowhere with fresh information.

SOLVED.

I was close to throwing my Mavic Air in the same direction as my Teddy. Walked away from the problem and did some more research. I saw a couple of posts about enabling developer mode in Android. It may be different on different versions, but here's what I did.

Open settings on the phone, then go to about phone.

Find Build Version and tap it seven times. You should get a little reassuring message saying you're on the way to becoming a developer. If you tap more than 7, it will read no need you're already a developer.

I didn't restart the phone, but it won't hurt to do so.

I reinstalled DJI Go4 for good measure.

Powered up the drone, then powered on the RC handset and DJI Go4.

I entered camera view and then after the quick statutory tutorial on a new install I clicked the three dots top right, then clicked the handset icon on the left vertical menu. Scroll down the screen to remote controller linking. Click confirm frequency settings. RC handset will now start beeping. Hold the flashing yellow light button on the rump end of the aircraft until it bleeps once. Let the process run its course.

Your red light beacon on the RC handset should after a minute or so turn solid green and your flashing light on the aircraft will flash green indicating a connection.

I hope if you are having similar problems like mine for just leaving the equipment unused for a year, this sets you on your way without the frustration I had.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929