DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Air space question

mrjohnc1

Reactions
Considering buying my 1st drone, and I live right between 2 airports!! One is 2 miles away and the other is 3.4 miles which is a small private one.
It says Class C which requires FAA authorization on Air Map, the grid im in shows a 0 ceiling.
My question is, will it even allow me to turn on the drone, hover inside my house? My guess is I will never get approval to fly at anY altitude outside?

You may be able to get authorization from DJI after you sign the in-app waiver.

For flight outside in a square with a “0” altitude you have to apply for permission through the FAA DroneZone through your registration as a recreational pilot or your 107 certification. Your chances of getting clearance in that area as a recreational pilot would be very slim.

For flight outside in a square with a “0” altitude you have to apply for permission through the FAA DroneZone through your registration as a recreational pilot or your 107 certification. Your chances of getting clearance in that area as a recreational pilot would be very slim.
So if i dont get clearance then my drone wont even turn on to say hover in the house?

Reactions: DoomMeister

Recreational pilots are not allowed to get authorization above the published grid altitudes, so he'd need a 107 here.

To answer OP's question, in my experience the drone will allow you to fly indoors, in restricted airspace, as long as it doesn't pick up a GPS lock.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS