DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another YouTube Video on Waypoints...

Facherty

Reactions
In a crowded YouTube world of Litchi films, I decided to attempt something slightly different - show the full process of why you decide to use Waypoints, planning the mission in theory, changing it after digital testing for safety, and finally flying it. There are better videos out there on learning the details of waypoints and Litchi, but I also brought in the challenge of the Mavic Air - shorter flying times and speed.

The video argues for using waypoints early in your drone experience.

You can see it at:

Reactions: Thomas B
Well put together and nice flight !
On top of the Google Earth export you could have shown the the VLM simulator (or Chrome Plugin) and it would have helped you spot your POI height mistake ;-) Not sure if it's YT or the original video but pans are a bit choppy, maybe use 60FPS next time (1080p/60fps as I have no use for 4k)

Last edited:
In a crowded YouTube world of Litchi films, I decided to attempt something slightly different - show the full process of why you decide to use Waypoints, planning the mission in theory, changing it after digital testing for safety, and finally flying it. There are better videos out there on learning the details of waypoints and Litchi, but I also brought in the challenge of the Mavic Air - shorter flying times and speed.

You can see it at:
Thanks for the Vid Facherty some good info and very informative I enjoyed watching.Thumbswayup

You can see it at:
I love the planing, the safety, the battery manegment....You did an excelent job

Well put together and nice flight !
On top of the Google Earth export you could have shown the the VLM simulator (or Chrome Plugin) and it would have helped you spot your POI height mistake ;-) Not sure if it's YT or the original video but pans are a bit choppy, maybe use 60FPS next time (1080p/60fps as I have no use for 4k)
Thank you for the lovely comments.
Excellent idea on the VLM simulator. Sadly, when I was planning and executing this mission, I had not heard of it, so that is why I made no reference to it. Now, for anything complex, I always use the Chrome VLM extension for the Mac, and check the paths generated and the 'movie' that I might get. Sadly, GoogleEarth's movies can be better than mine! (see Yet another Virtual Litchi Mission (Google Chrome Extension))
It doesn't seem too "choppy" in the UK - might be 25fps vs 30 fps thing?
Thanks again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy