DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anti Glare Matt Screen Protector for the Mini 3 Remote?

EvanWasHere

Reactions
I am getting a lot of glare/reflection when flying when it's bright outside.

Does anyone know if there is a screen protector out that includes anti-glare? I know it will darken the screen a bit.. but I think it's worth it for removing the bright reflection of my lily-white face on the screen when I am flying.

I have had the same issue, have contacted several screen protector suppliers, one company was going to supply an Anti -Glare Screen for the RC controller, after there internal testing found it dulled the screen too much and pulled the plug on it, I have not found at this stage any other supplier, maybe in the future ? Rather disappointing.

I can't remember who, but an early m3p reviewer said an anti-glare film made for an apple phone fit, with a little trimming on the sides. I'll try to find it, and no I didn't take note which phone he was talking about. Take measurements and start looking for something a little wider, you might find it.

Found it, guy uses an anti glare screen film for iphone 13, and trims the sides a bit. He used Tech Gear, but can't find in US amazon.

Last edited:
I am getting a lot of glare/reflection when flying when it's bright outside.

Does anyone know if there is a screen protector out that includes anti-glare? I know it will darken the screen a bit.. but I think it's worth it for removing the bright reflection of my lily-white face on the screen when I am flying.
I bought one recently but it made it even harder to read the screen in full sun. Honestly. Just yanked it off and saw it was a hindrance.

Have the same issue, saw this on Youtube.. Mine is coming today from amazon. I rather have this anti glare than the glass screen protector with the same glare. I use an anti glare on my iphone Pro Max .. its great except when the scrrn dims due to heat. Mine is arriving today.. Ill post a photo after the install.

This is the ones I ordered from Amazon:

iCarez HD Anti Glare Matte Screen Protector for iPhone 13 /iPhone 13 Pro 6.1-Inches [3 Pack] (Case Friendly) Premium No Bubble Easy to Apply with Hinge Installation​

Amazon'sChoicein Cell Phone Screen Protectors by iCarez

$6.95$6.95

I am working with the company right now to get an anti-glare screen protector for the RC. I am sending them a glass one so they can get the exact measurements. I have use this company for all my vehicle screens. And though it does slightly dull the screen, it’s not enough to hinder his ability. Once it’s complete I will put a link in here. The company is a US company and makes excellent screen protectors for anything, and can customize it to whatever you need.

Reactions: BroomRider
How does a hood fix anything? I was told the DJI RC does not do well in urban areas? :p
The problem is too much ambient light hitting the screen. Beaches and snow are notorious for this. On movie sets, they build tents for the banks of monitors they use. "Video Village", they call it. Keeping ambient light off the screens is important enough for them that they'll spend big bucks to keep that thing working for the crew - especially the DP.

For single-person use, they use a hood. To see how this works, get a 2ft square piece of cardboard, fold 6" down on each side and put the screen inside the "U" at the far end and facing you, out of the sun. Black cardboard is best. Clumsy? Absolutely. But if you want to see the screen, that's what it takes.

As for your white face reflecting, well, I dunno. Wear a balaclava? : ) Seriously, though, tilting the screen should remove your reflection.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev