DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Air 3 owners dumping their Mavic 3?

bkushner

Reactions
Couple of days before the Air 3 came out I lost my Mavic 3 Pro and replaced it with the Flyaway insurance The replacement just arrived. Since the release date I've been flying the Air 3 and quite honestly I can't think of where I'd need the M3P over the Air 3 at lease for my type of photography. So now I'm trying to decide whether to sell the Mavic 3 Pro New in the Box and stand pat with the Air 3. So big question, am I crazy?

Reactions: BearMan54
Not crazy at all but it seems to me if you bought the Air 3 while you owned M3P, it's gotta be #1 to you. If you don't need 2 drones, #2 has to go. You can sell M3P here pretty easily I would suspect. For me, a M3P owner, to buy A3, I would need a drone-only kit and the RCPro to be compatible. However, at the point I have zero plans to ever get rid of M3P.

Not crazy at all but it seems to me if you bought the Air 3 while you owned M3P, it's gotta be #1 to you. If you don't need 2 drones, #2 has to go. You can sell M3P here pretty easily I would suspect. For me, a M3P owner, to buy A3, I would need a drone-only kit and the RCPro to be compatible. However, at the point I have zero plans to ever get rid of M3P.
Yeah I have the pro controller but it's never going to be Ocusync 4 so I'm ok with using the new RC 2. Range is better on the Air 3. I fly in congested area and the O4 is giving me much more stability in signal.

Yeah I have the pro controller but it's never going to be Ocusync 4 so I'm ok with using the new RC 2. Range is better on the Air 3. I fly in congested area and the O4 is giving me much more stability in signal.
I think you have your answer, O4 is the way to go!

Reactions: BearMan54
Signal stability in congested areas is underrated!
Can't shoot what you can't see or reach!

Couple of days before the Air 3 came out I lost my Mavic 3 Pro and replaced it with the Flyaway insurance The replacement just arrived. Since the release date I've been flying the Air 3 and quite honestly I can't think of where I'd need the M3P over the Air 3 at lease for my type of photography. So now I'm trying to decide whether to sell the Mavic 3 Pro New in the Box and stand pat with the Air 3. So big question, am I crazy?
I’m seriously considering selling my Mavic 3, just wish it would be compatible with my RC Pro. Even with that thought, I may sell my RC Pro, as I sold my Air 2S and the only drone I own that’s compatible is my mini 3 pro. Since I seriously doubt that DJI will be issuing any future SDK’s for the consumer drones, why do I need the capability to add 3rd party apps?

I’m seriously considering selling my Mavic 3, just wish it would be compatible with my RC Pro. Even with that thought, I may sell my RC Pro, as I sold my Air 2S and the only drone I own that’s compatible is my mini 3 pro. Since I seriously doubt that DJI will be issuing any future SDK’s for the consumer drones, why do I need the capability to add 3rd party apps?
While ability to install 3rd party apps is one feature of the RC Pro, it by no means is its only distinguishing capability. The RC Pro runs circles around the DJI RC in every way: 1000 nits, external antennas with 4x the power output, faster processor, mini HDMI out, usable USB-C port for Movario BT-40 glasses, plus dozens of other customizable user button configurations from a 5 way button and several other additional buttons, 32GB of internal storage, and internal SIM card support, to name just a few.

Reactions: pommy
Agree, but then again if the RC Pro becomes compatible with the Air 3, will it’s quality of connectivity meet, exceed, or be below those of the RC-2, since the RC-2 has Occusync 4 while the RC Pro has Occusync 3. If the RC Pro dies become compatible, it’d be interesting to see how it matches up with the RC-2. I’m fully aware of the Nits and capability of the RC Pro, as it is now; but it’ll be interesting to see it competes in the coming months.

Agree, but then again if the RC Pro becomes compatible with the Air 3, will it’s quality of connectivity meet, exceed, or be below those of the RC-2, since the RC-2 has Occusync 4 while the RC Pro has Occusync 3. If the RC Pro dies become compatible, it’d be interesting to see how it matches up with the RC-2. I’m fully aware of the Nits and capability of the RC Pro, as it is now; but it’ll be interesting to see it competes in the coming months.
That's a different issue. No doubt, the DJI-RC2 will have better transmission and reception and range on OS4 with the Air 3 than is possible on OS3+ on any drone and RC. It's truly new and improved by more than just a "+”. It's a new generation, earning a new number.

However, if you still have any drones on OS3+, the RC Pro will always be the best choice, hands down, especially since you already own it!

The Mavic 3 IS compatible with the RC Pro.

I bought a Mavic 3 a few months ago not realizing the Air 3 was on it's way. I wanted the Air 3 so I just bought it. I got a good deal on the Mavic 3 refurbished. Probably not worth much used so I'll just keep it. It's a reliable drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1