DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any firmware improvement for M2P follow/waypoint?

Citizen Flier

Reactions
M2P with Smart Controller. I haven't flown much for awhile as day job has become day & night job. Would like to know if Go 4 app updates have improved follow feature or waypoints (for video)
I have used follow feature to video mtn bikers on open trails in good light -worked ok, not great. Trees, bushes, & other obstacles can ruin a sequence. A friend had far better success with a Skydio 2, but I seem to recall that uses a tracking device. Have any app updates made this work better for M2P? I've heard Lichee is better, but also heard the app can have signal interrupt issues (?) -which I haven't had with Go4 app on Smart Controller.

I also tried capturing video with Waypoints feature, but at every waypoint drone would pause & awkwardly change course to the next waypoint, making the video sequence unusable. I think I may have heard Lichee works better here too. But again, any useful update from DJI?

My only concern with Lichee is that I tend to prefer proprietary apps paired with matched hardware by the same manufacturer. But if Lichee is solidly reliable, perhaps that's the way to go. Can't recall if works with Smart Controller. I know DJI has put their efforts into M3. Hopefully they have not abandoned M2P owners. Thanks for your help (no scolding please!)

I am a M2P part 107 pilot. I was asked to do a video of a church grounds and steeple. It was this assignment which finally kicked me in the butt to explore Litchi. It is the perfect waypoint solution with stored missions. Also you can store your missions in a library and refly the mission later or adjust it. The BEST feature is that you can plan the mission on the ground and then “fly” the mission on Google Earth. DJI software offers nothing like this. I use a SmartController and the M2P. Litchi has a long history of success with DJI drones. Free to try and then an expensive one time purchase. There are some other control programs but I have no personal knowledge of those - yet.

I am a M2P part 107 pilot. I was asked to do a video of a church grounds and steeple. It was this assignment which finally kicked me in the butt to explore Litchi. It is the perfect waypoint solution with stored missions. Also you can store your missions in a library and refly the mission later or adjust it. The BEST feature is that you can plan the mission on the ground and then “fly” the mission on Google Earth. DJI software offers nothing like this. I use a SmartController and the M2P. Litchi has a long history of success with DJI drones. Free to try and then an expensive one time purchase. There are some other control programs but I have no personal knowledge of those - yet.
Actually you CAN pre-plan Waypoints with Go4 app. And you can store in library. I did that. Only issue for me were the PAUSES & awkward turns at each waypoint. Surprised DJI would leave it at that. That's why I inquired about updates. But probably is time for me to have a try at Litchi. Thanks.

M2P with Smart Controller. I haven't flown much for awhile as day job has become day & night job. Would like to know if Go 4 app updates have improved follow feature or waypoints (for video)
I have used follow feature to video mtn bikers on open trails in good light -worked ok, not great. Trees, bushes, & other obstacles can ruin a sequence. A friend had far better success with a Skydio 2, but I seem to recall that uses a tracking device. Have any app updates made this work better for M2P? I've heard Lichee is better, but also heard the app can have signal interrupt issues (?) -which I haven't had with Go4 app on Smart Controller.

I also tried capturing video with Waypoints feature, but at every waypoint drone would pause & awkwardly change course to the next waypoint, making the video sequence unusable. I think I may have heard Lichee works better here too. But again, any useful update from DJI?

My only concern with Lichee is that I tend to prefer proprietary apps paired with matched hardware by the same manufacturer. But if Lichee is solidly reliable, perhaps that's the way to go. Can't recall if works with Smart Controller. I know DJI has put their efforts into M3. Hopefully they have not abandoned M2P owners. Thanks for your help (no scolding please!)
I think they have not put any effort on doing anything to Mavic2pro since they discontinued the line, Dji has gone way down

I meant an INEXPENSIVE purchase. I own the iOS and Android license.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair