DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Mavic flyers in Butte County?

MadProphet

Reactions
I'd like to meet up and fly with any folk in the Chico area. New pilot with a MP here in Paradise.

Hey Ho, just ordered the RE's & about to pull the trigger on the Platinum Pro but man,,,,,,,is that a big investment for someone who has only flown micros. I'd probably have heart failure before gettin off the ground!! But hey,,,,it's only money,,,,right?

Indeed it is. I keep putting off the first flight - convincing myself there's still a video I need to watch or a post I need to read. The weather isn't helping.

Looks like tomorrow should be clear, so I'm going to put her up. I hope.

Wanna try going from Magalia out to the fire lookout tower.

it's a bit windy today 25 to 35 mph guest to 45 you mite want to wait for a better day

Hey Ho, just ordered the RE's & about to pull the trigger on the Platinum Pro but man,,,,,,,is that a big investment for someone who has only flown micros. I'd probably have heart failure before gettin off the ground!! But hey,,,,it's only money,,,,right?
Hello! I'm a UAS pilot in Chico with a DJI Mavic Pro Fly-More Combo for sale, if you're interested. I've flown it only twice, and everything worked great. I'm selling it because I use my drones for mapping, and realized after purchasing the Mavic that the Phantom 4 would have been a better choice for me. If you are uneasy about flying, I will gladly train you how to use it. Asking $980 for the entire package, which includes 3 batteries, spare props, car charger, travel bag, SD card, and battery charging hub. Scott

I imagine we'll be postponing any get togethers for a few days here. Paradise expecting to be snowed in. After 12 years, I've never seen it.

I imagine we'll be postponing any get togethers for a few days here. Paradise expecting to be snowed in. After 12 years, I've never seen it.
I'm in Nevada County - awaiting the same storm. Following the storm, get out and fly! The snowy scenery makes for the best shots.
0b07602750cbc2c0d1c6aea7fc367bd4.jpg

Reactions: MadProphet
Is anyone planning on flying local this week? I've still not flown yet and would appreciate someone with experience around.

Flew Bidwell Park over the weekend and had a great time. Most folks I encountered were curious and very positive. Anyone interested in doing a get together and fly Bidwell?

Hey ~I'm in Nevada County, but am interested in flying with others, and Butte County is right around the corner... Following

Where in Nevada County? Once this bloody rain is gone, I'm willing to do a little driving.

I'm looking at trying to get out on Hiway 70 this week. All of my flying so far has been Bidwell but I'm hoping to try Jarbo Gap and some of the scenery along 70. Also definitely interested in Lake Oroville.
Anyone looking to get out?

I'm looking at trying to get out on Hiway 70 this week. All of my flying so far has been Bidwell but I'm hoping to try Jarbo Gap and some of the scenery along 70. Also definitely interested in Lake Oroville.
Anyone looking to get out?
Jarbo gap gets pretty windy. As soon as I can I plan to fly up rock creek and pulga

Corning here. I don't get a lot of time to fly since I take care of a bed ridden 80 year old 24/7 but I can get out once in a while for a couple hours in the morning when planned correctly. I have a MA2 and only flown it a couple times. Had an Autel X Star Premium that I flew a lot more. I'm on the river where a lot of the Paradise fire survivors are.

I am a new pilot of a mavic mini who lives in paradise. I am just learning and practicing for doing some waterfall hunts in the area, particularly up hwy 70 and hwy 32.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute