DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any opinions on what to do?

fredcoque

Reactions
Hi,

I started flying drones at the end of 2018 and bought some cheap drones to learn.

In August 2019, my mother gave me a Mavic Air Fly More Combo, but I haven't opened that and decided to buy the Mavic Mini that has been released a couple of months later.

I had been flying the Mini since then and really liked it, but I was always afraid of losing it in case of strong winds start while I was flying.

Because of the fragility of the Mini, I decided to invest on a DJI Care Refresh, so if I have an accident I should be able to get a replacement.

Currently, I haven't been flying because of the Coronavirus crisis, but I'd like to start doing that again.

I still have the Mavic Air sealed and was wondering if I should sell it or open it and enjoy.

Some restrictions if I decide to use it are that I won't buy the DJI Care Refresh because that is very expensive for the Air.

I'd also have to go to specific places to fly it, once in Canada we have the rule of 249g.

I don't know as well if the batteries will be working once it's been almost an year I bought that and haven't used those.

If I sell the Air, I'd probably add some more money and try buying the Mavic Air 2.

That would depend on the value I'd be able to sell it because if the difference is too high I wouldn't buy anything.

One of my main concerns with the Air is that people say it's very noisy and I don't want to get too much attention.

People also complain about losing signal, but I have been using the Mini that apparently uses the same technology and haven't experienced any issues with the signal.

Could you guys give me some opinions?

Thanks,

Fred

I've personally decided to keep my mavic air because it's smaller and weighs less than the mavic air 2. Also, I like how small the controller is in comparison to the air 2 and I feel like the biggest upgrades are just photos which I really don't take very many of anyways while the video feature that I always use didn't get a big upgrade.

Reactions: kwolfskill
i decided to keep the air for now as well. Was thinking if i should switch to the air 2 but since im in Toronto, there's not much place to fly it anways so i don't see the point of upgrading. Will probably look for a mini so i can fly more often.

Keep the air. Selling it won’t get you much because of the release of the new Mavic air 2. Just purchased a fly more combo yesterday with filters and extra batteries, ipad holder, extra props and leg extender for 3 hundred bucks.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78