DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any way to fully discharge / condition the batteries?

AFAngryWarrior

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I've had my Air 2s for about a month now. I try to fly it daily, it relaxes me. I noticed depending on how much I actually fly around the battery never lasts more than about 20 minutes. I'm wondering if there's any way to re-condition the batteries or fully discharge them prior to their next charge. Try to see if I can get better battery life out of them.

StantonZ

Reactions
It seems like these battery threads go on forever...but that's ok.
For those of you not familiar with battery discharge profiles (above), there is significance in the C rates (the different colored curves)...especially for high discharge devices like drones. For example, while hovering in place may require <1C, "flooring" the drone (just like a car) or extended use of Sport mode may be >>1C. You can see how the knee of the curve (and voltage) drops at higher C rates...which is the basis of my original comment about not flying below 20% SOC. Here's a drone recipe for disaster: flying at low SOC, on a hot day, you "floor" it (in Sport mode no less)...and it suddenly drops from the sky. Sound like something you've read about? YMMV.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntesla