DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anybody fly in Long Beach?

Slowmike

Reactions
I’ve decided to learn to fly drones and see a bunch of them flying around the beach but don’t see the people operating them. Any of you guys one of these people? I’d love to meet up and learn as much as possible.

Hi Mike try the la drone Meetup group. We fly in a multitude of places.

I am in LBC, bought a drone yesterday. any tips or advice would be great.

Too funny. I just came on here thinking, "it'll be a longshot but let's see if anyone flies in the LBC."

Just got my Mavic Air yesterday but used to fly a lot and build racing drones and took some years off. Would love to meet up to fly. Used to have some friends in the area we'd meet up at El Dorado but we flew small race drones. Don't think that would be a good place for a/p flying though.

Too funny. I just came on here thinking, "it'll be a longshot but let's see if anyone flies in the LBC."

Just got my Mavic Air yesterday but used to fly a lot and build racing drones and took some years off. Would love to meet up to fly. Used to have some friends in the area we'd meet up at El Dorado but we flew small race drones. Don't think that would be a good place for a/p flying though.

AP flying?
would love to meet up with other drone pilots (is pilots the correct term) maybe arrange a regular get together for some flying maybe a pint or 2 after.

AP flying?
would love to meet up with other drone pilots (is pilots the correct term) maybe arrange a regular get together for some flying maybe a pint or 2 after.
I'd be down. Maybe better to meet up during the week so less people out. Things got a lot stricter since I last flew number of years ago. Gonna be scoping out new spots this week. Looks like no hassle drone spots are turning into a commodity that few are willing to readily share online ... makes sense to me but kinda sucks it's gotten that way.

Reactions: Shon
im still pretty nervous about flying it, everywhere around here seems to be a no fly zone. any ideas where i can go?

im still pretty nervous about flying it, everywhere around here seems to be a no fly zone. any ideas where i can go?
Yea its gotten really sketchy around here compared to a few years back. Especially with a/p where you need wide open spaces unlike racing where a cluster of trees is preferred. Hit me up on PM I've been scoping out new spots to fly a/p although I am going to get back into racing too since that's way easier to fly and more adrenaline pumping.

Quick update. I moved to Fort Walton Beach and am still looking for people to fly with. I'll start a new thread.

I am *always* down to help anyone get into the hobby: I fly planes, helis, and drones. I also have some racing boats. I've been in the hobby for almost 10 years and love it. I have lots of experience but am still learning, still making mistakes, and still flying. I don't claim to have all the answers but I am pretty sure I can answer many of your moat pressing questions. I live near Long Beach and my schedule is flexible. I can fly any day of the week. Looking to make lasting friendships with fellow flyers in the area. Need my assistance? Reach out to me.

If we could set up a group to meet up, fly, maybe have a couple of beers after I'd be up for that.
I have only flown once and I want to get serious about it.
I want to learn how to fly this amazing machine.

Make sure to include the Phantom group also, some of the best spaces to still fly are out in the Inland Empire area (fewer NFZ) Especially along the foothills (Cajon pass area)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest