DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone changing to the new fpv set up?

Hayabusa

Reactions
Long time drone guy. Just hobby. Started with a P3S (still have but never use). Then graduated up to a Mavic pro (still have and still use but not much anymore).
Have a Tiny Hawk S with terranis radio (never used)
Thinking about selling all and getting the new DJI fpv set up. I’m hoping to get excited again and get back flying more regularly.
Anyone considering dumping the pro for this?
If I keep the pro. Will the new DJI fpv goggles work with the MP? I know my Re-goggles won’t work with new fpv drone.
I’m so on fence over this.
Any feedback is appreciated ?

Long time drone guy. Just hobby. Started with a P3S (still have but never use). Then graduated up to a Mavic pro (still have and still use but not much anymore).
Have a Tiny Hawk S with terranis radio (never used)
Thinking about selling all and getting the new DJI fpv set up. I’m hoping to get excited again and get back flying more regularly.
Anyone considering dumping the pro for this?
If I keep the pro. Will the new DJI fpv goggles work with the MP? I know my Re-goggles won’t work with new fpv drone.
I’m so on fence over this.
Any feedback is appreciated ?
Good luck with your venture into the FPV world. One thing to note about the goggles is that the DJI FPV uses the new Ocusync V3.0 as where the MP1 only uses V1.0. So the FPV goggles will not work.
You might want to check out our sister forum for more info on the DJI FPV drone before you jump off the fence.
FPV Drone Pilots Forum ;)

Good luck with your venture into the FPV world. One thing to note about the goggles is that the DJI FPV uses the new Ocusync V3.0 as where the MP1 only uses V1.0. So the FPV goggles will not work.
You might want to check out our sister forum for more info on the DJI FPV drone before you jump off the fence.
FPV Drone Pilots Forum ;)
Figures, I already had the original white goggles and then bought the Re- goggles and now need a 3rd set. Come on DJI. I’ve been researching a little but wanted to hear from MP owners to see if anyone else is considering or has already gotten rid of MP and went strictly with the FPV or if more inclined to keep the MP and have both.
I’m not a real photographer or videographer and only do for fun.
Btw. Can you take photos with the fpv?

Btw. Can you take photos with the FPV?
Yes, but only JPEG. At 12MP.
See the full specs here. DJI FPV - Specs - DJI, like I said, there is more on our FPV forum as mentioned above. Many just take screen shots of the video for most of it.

Reactions: Thomas B
Figures, I already had the original white goggles and then bought the Re- goggles and now need a 3rd set. Come on DJI. I’ve been researching a little but wanted to hear from MP owners to see if anyone else is considering or has already gotten rid of MP and went strictly with the FPV or if more inclined to keep the MP and have both.
I’m not a real photographer or videographer and only do for fun.
Btw. Can you take photos with the fpv?
Go here:

Reactions: Drone Master
I am thinking of venturing into the FPB world but as an extra to my zoom. Two completely different drones in that my zoom would be an all terrain SUV where as the new DJI FPV would be my Corvette though that is only as I see it in my head.....I'll have a better analogy when I get it.

WDK

Last edited:
I’ll wait a little to hear other feedback from those who have had both.
You can still fly the fpv in s or n mode and be like a normal mp. But then if you want full acro, you go to m.
I understand the gimble is different so not as great video. Guess I just need to watch more videos and decide fir myself.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas