DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone have the Dirty J Designs Crystalsky mount?

FlyHigh101

Reactions
Just saw this video pop up on my youtube. Anyone have this mount? Looks interesting since I can use it on my osmo as well. Not sure what TPU is but will the 3d printed material be strong enough?

They claim it to be able to hold a 7.85" CrystalSkys but, I'm skeptical. I got a Carbon Fiber 3D printed mounting plate to put the mounting bracket on.

They claim it to be able to hold a 7.85" CrystalSkys but, I'm skeptical. I got a Carbon Fiber 3D printed mounting plate to put the mounting bracket on.

Where does it say it works with the 7.85" crystalsky? I was only planning to use it with my 5.5" but I guess thats good to know if I ever upgrade. How much was your carbon fiber 3d part? This is only $35 so thats kinda appealing compared to DJI's $80 mount plus whatever your carbon plate cost.

I have their 7-8 in tablet mount , it seems very strong and very stable. Love that it allows a clear view of the controller LCD.

Where does it say it works with the 7.85" crystalsky? I was only planning to use it with my 5.5" but I guess thats good to know if I ever upgrade. How much was your carbon fiber 3d part? This is only $35 so thats kinda appealing compared to DJI's $80 mount plus whatever your carbon plate cost.
The vendor claimed that.

Just saw this video pop up on my youtube. Anyone have this mount? Looks interesting since I can use it on my osmo as well. Not sure what TPU is but will the 3d printed material be strong enough?

Hey Flyhigh! I'm the owner of Dirty J Designs. Have no fear TPU is one of the strongest most resilient materials you can print. We've sold thousands of our tablet adapters and have yet to hear of a single one breaking.

The vendor claimed that.

Don't know where you heard this. We haven't gotten our hands on a 7.85" monitor yet. I have no doubt that we will be able to securely hold it but this current design is only verified to work with the 5.5" crystalsky. We may need to design a separate mount once we see the 7.85" in person.

Hey Flyhigh! I'm the owner of Dirty J Designs. Have no fear TPU is one of the strongest most resilient materials you can print. We've sold thousands of our tablet adapters and have yet to hear of a single one breaking.

Don't know where you heard this. We haven't gotten our hands on a 7.85" monitor yet. I have no doubt that we will be able to securely hold it but this current design is only verified to work with the 5.5" crystalsky. We may need to design a separate mount once we see the 7.85" in person.
It was claimed by the user that initially advertised this product on this forum.

I use it on the 5.5crystal sky works great nice and light and it breakers down for easy storage .

I dig it. I would like to see you be able to keep the DJI CS mount attached, so that moving from this to an inspire controller was as intended, easy. A hack way to do it is prob just cut off that tab on the bottom.

I dig it. I would like to see you be able to keep the DJI CS mount attached, so that moving from this to an inspire controller was as intended, easy. A hack way to do it is prob just cut off that tab on the bottom.

Why would you need to cut anything? Its made to work with the inspire controller. No cutting required.

You can't leave the DJI adapter on the bottom of the unit and still use the Dirty J CS mount.

Ah I guess if you wanted to keep the DJI base on ya you could cut it. But why would you want to have two mounts? Isn't the point that you dont have to buy the DJI mount?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N