DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AP cannot calibrate barometer

Hammer39

Reactions
I have created several flight plans, but have been unable to activate the link to my Mavic 2 Pro. After asking me if the altitude reference will be fixed or mobil it says that the calibratuion failed - Try again or cancel. In the videos I saw a page where you could manually enter local barometer but I cannot find this page in the app.

I have created several flight plans, but have been unable to activate the link to my Mavic 2 Pro. After asking me if the altitude reference will be fixed or mobil it says that the calibratuion failed - Try again or cancel. In the videos I saw a page where you could manually enter local barometer but I cannot find this page in the app.

Make sure you have internet on your device when you connect Mavic to your remote with device. Auto Pilot has to “register” with DJI servers. Also make sure you have no other applications open in the background.

In rgards to the barometer the Mavic calculates its above sea level altitude at take off and then sets its “above home point” altitude by subtracting it’s current altitude by the altitude it recorded at take off.

Setting a fixed altitude means it will use the take off altitude as the reference throughout the flight. Setting mobile or (moving operator) reference means it will use the barometer reading from your device as the altitude reference. Your device must have a working barometer for this to work, otherwise just use fixed operator.

You can’t manually enter an altitude reference you must be thinking of something else like flight altitude

So here are a few screenshots. No matter if I select fixed or moving operator I get the same error, and so cannot Engage. My device is a new iPhone Xr with barometer. I see pressure in EXIF data, so it is working.

IMG_5830.PNG IMG_5831.PNG IMG_5832.PNG

So here are a few screenshots. No matter if I select fixed or moving operator I get the same error, and so cannot Engage. My device is a new iPhone Xr with barometer. I see pressure in EXIF data, so it is working.

View attachment 64665 View attachment 64666 View attachment 64667
I would just take off and then hit engage immediately. I never do that pre-flight checklist thing and it works fine. it will ask you if you want to use the current altitude as the reference or the take off altitude.

It’s possible the iPhoneXr is so new they need to update AP to get the barometer readings from it.

Last but not least try deleting AP and then reinstalling.

Sorry it’s not working

On the theory that i Iphone Xr is the culprit I installed AP on an iPad mini which has no barometer.

Exactly the same error. Will not proceed to Engage. fwiw, GO4 works just fine.

brett:

Please excuse me if there is a good reason why drone pilots do not adopt the same pre-flight ritual of setting local pressure or field altitude before every flight. If the problem I am experiencing is due to some error in automating this process it would be an easy fix to allow the pilot top set local barometer setting. Every towered airport in the US airspace system broadcasts hourly ATIS reports which include altimeter/barometer settings as well as ceiling, winds and visibility. This data is also available online as evidenced by MS Flight Sim's ability to incorporate real-world weather into sim scenarios.

Not sure if you are a civilian or an employee of DJI, but I think this info would be useful to the designers and every licensed pilot operating a drone.

On the theory that i Iphone Xr is the culprit I installed AP on an iPad mini which has no barometer.

Exactly the same error. Will not proceed to Engage. fwiw, GO4 works just fine.

Yea I’m kinda stumped on this one. I’ve never had this issue. Did you by chance change any of the settings in AP?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjung