DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apple Air mavmount and cabling question

seapro220

Reactions
Hello.

So i purchased a dji mav 2 zoom a few months ago and have been having fun with it and am trying to get my 'skills' up before i take a training class. That said, the display, although nice via my phone - just doesn't cut it. I splurged the other day and bought a apple air to increase my viewing space and need a mount for it, along with cabling. I've been to the mavmount.com site and they have several mounts that will fit but just trying to confirm with others. The dimensions of the Air say that it's 12.8 x 8.9 inches. From what I see on the mavmount's website the mount should be for the 8.9" space as the mount 'holds' it device horizontally. Taking 8.9" and converting to mm i come up with 226mm which would be the XL mount for $14. This is only the clamp and not the mount, which i presume I'd purchase separately.
I have a couple of questions if someone could answer for me -

1. Was this apple too 'large' to have purchased and should i have gotten a smaller. To much in the way, hard to hold for long times, controller now visiable, etc? I'll probably use it for other stuff but the main intention was to be used for the drone.
2. The apple air has only a 'lightening' export and will the cable that came with it connect to the controller, or what cable would i need to purchase to make the connection between the Air and the contoller?
3. Is the mavmount the correct or best type of 'holder' to use or would you recommend another brand?

thanks in advance -

mark

This is the mount I use with an Air.
I did make part of it and adapted a mount I got on eBay but something like this should work for you.
Being able to attach a neck strap in a place that balances everything & takes the weight helps a lot so I would look for something like that

Attachments

• Mount.jpg
    Mount.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
Looking at the LifThor now as it allows some visiability of the controller. unsure if the mavmount obscures the controller view or not. hadn't thought of the lanyard to hold 'all the stuff' but that seems like a good idea.

Just ordered the LifThor Sif - Tablet Holder for DJI Mavic Series.

now ... aarg - got to wait a couple of days. looking forward to the 'new view'. :)

Looks good to me, at least it has a decent place to attach a neck strap as a lot don't, it rely helps balance and takes the strain of holding a tablet away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmilonas