DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apple AirTag Mavic Air Mount

-MavicMiniPilot

Reactions
Can anyone provide a link to an STL file in order to 3d print a mount to attach an AirTag to my Mavic air? I know that adhesive would work but I’m looking for something more secure.

I bought a 3D printed Holy Stone RID mount from a seller on Etsy. He sells mounts for all RID models and drones models. He may have the STL you need. Search Etsy Air Tag RID mounts. In my search I did see a couple others selling STLs for RID mounts online.

Reactions: -MavicMiniPilot
Before you go to the trouble, consider how the Air Tag (and the Samsung Smart Tag) work.

They update their location when within bluetooth range of a cell phone that has opted in to be part of the tracking network. They do not transmit any signal with range to connect to some infrastructure like a cell tower.

As such, it really will only help if you've accidentally left you drone in some fairly public place, left, and can't remember where you left it.

It will be utterly, completely, totally useless to find it if it crashes or force lands somewhere. You're wasting your time in that application.

Use one of these instead... GPS tracker with cell connection. I use something similar to track my Dualtron Thunder scooter (if you can call that 5400 watt monster a scooter 😁).

Zeerkeer Mini GPS Tracker

51VFYv2t74L.jpg

Last edited:
Before you go to the trouble, consider how the Air Tag (and the Samsung Smart Tag) work.

They update their location when within bluetooth range of a cell phone that has opted in to be part of the tracking network. They do not transmit any signal with range to connect to some infrastructure like a cell tower.

As such, it really will only help if you've accidentally left you drone in some fairly public place, left, and can't remember where you left it.

It will be utterly, completely, totally useless to find it if it crashes or force lands somewhere. You're wasting your time in that application.

Use one of these instead... GPS tracker with cell connection. I use something similar to track my Dualtron Thunder scooter (if you can call that 5400 watt monster a scooter 😁).

51VFYv2t74L.jpg
Just make sure that any device like this uses 5G as a lot of them used 3G which is phased out.
This model does use 5G which is great and a very good price.

51VFYv2t74L.jpg
Good to know. I already have an AirTag and currently use that. I may replace it with this.

Good to know. I already have an AirTag and currently use that. I may replace it with this.

If by "use" you mean mounted on a drone, take it off so you don't lose that too. As I mentioned, unless your lost drone happens to be in blutooth range of a cell phone participating in the tracking network, you won't find it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas