DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apps confusion re. waypoints

Paul Smith

Reactions
I have a Mavic 2 Pro with SC.
Recently I've been flying waypoints using the Go 4 app but in truth am not completely happy with it. I've read that the Litchi app has greater accuracy but am unsure how to use it.
Do I download it and have both apps on the SC ?
Do I fly the drone with Go4 unless I'm wanting to fly waypoints, then fly with Litchi ?

Thanks for any advice.

Recently I've been flying waypoints using the Go 4 app but in truth am not completely happy with it. I've read that the Litchi app has greater accuracy but am unsure how to use it.
Do I fly the drone with Go4 unless I'm wanting to fly waypoints, then fly with Litchi ?

Thanks for any advice.
This is a video of my very 1st way point flight dji may not be the best but it can do its job yes it has draw backs. I preplanned the flight at home but did not set the height till on site ie you have to take into acc the tree height will have grown since the time the map photo was taken .

You can have multiple apps on the same tablet and fly with whichever you choose.
You could use Litchi or DI Go 4 for general flying, whichever you prefer.
Litchi implementation of waypoint flying is very good and generally preferred above DJI's.
Only have one app running at a time.

Here's how to install Litchi on the Smart Controller:

Thanks for any advice.
I use Litchi for almost everything. I am currently using Litchi on an 8" tablet on a primary controller and Epsom BT-300 fpv's and Go4 on a secondary controller at the same time.

All roads lead to the new Maven waypoint app, Young Grasshopper. It works with your Mavic Air2, and just today, May 28th 2021, Maven's gurus announced that beta testing of above-ground waypoint altitude functionality has commenced with the help of 100 guineapig volunteers.

Note that out-of-signal range waypoint mission continuity is not yet available, but rumor has it that this too shall be possible very soon.

Look up Maven, and prepare to be amazed.

Note that out-of-signal range waypoint mission continuity is not yet available, but rumor has it that this too shall be possible very soon.
I’d be curious to know how you could take avoiding action, if necessary, under those circumstances?

I never fly below 150 feet AGL, and the bandits always recognize my air superiority. On a serious note, I fly out in the Third World where drone rules are yet to be dreamed up.
You’re braver than me! I’d be worried that I’d never see my drone again and would have no real idea were of where it was to start a search.

It did take a leap of faith the first few times I entrusted my drone to Litchi's waypoint feature, but as the drone racked up more miles, my confidence grew. Haven't had a mishap yet after well over 1,200 cumulative miles flown under full auto-pilot, knock on my wooden cranium.

I have dronelink, Litchi and Maven as the apps for waypoints and other specialities on my iPad mini 5. I love Maven, because it is very clear and straight forward and works very well (now even with AGL, but I never trust the AGL, neither on dronelink, Litchi or Maven :) I always check by flying there, to make sure the waypoint mission does not end up in a tree or cliff (I live in the mountains)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007