DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

apps for MA2 w Smart controller?

phantompilot

Reactions
Hello friends. Quick question after looking around a bit, currently the only flight app for the MA2 smart controller is DJI Fly...yes?

I'm eager to use Litchi when that option goes live for general public, but I want to make sure I understand current choices, which are no choice at all?

if you fly MA2 and you are using smart controller, dji fly is all there is, yes or no.

many thanks friends

Litchi has had Air 2 betas out for months (though they did pull it for a while). Not sure what the status is of the release version.

No, not yet. Litchi does not yet support waypoints for any AC that doesn't have native waypoint support (i.e. anything that requires virtual sticks).

So what would be the advantage of using litchi on the smart controller over FLY considering litchi doesn’t support waypoint missions? That is one of the reasons I am hedging on getting a MA2 or A2S. Wondering and hoping the new A2S will have native waypoints. Heck, other than the new 1” sensor you have to get something for the extra $300 ! :)

Question: what is the difference between DJI fly and the dronelink Apps. ????

Hello Darkroad,

Dronelink is both a web and mobile app that allows for all sorts of mission planning capabilities not available in DJI Fly. DJI Fly is only a mobile app.

A major difference is support for waypoint missions, which are not possible with DJI Fly (unless you only want to do hyperlapse), and which are possible to create both on-the-fly in Dronelink's app or on the web with access to other features such a previewing the mission in 3D before flying it in the field, or running missions from other users that share them publicly.

There are many other differences if you start considering more advanced flight use cases.

Hello Darkroad,

Dronelink is both a web and mobile app that allows for all sorts of mission planning capabilities not available in DJI Fly. DJI Fly is only a mobile app.

A major difference is support for waypoint missions, which are not possible with DJI Fly (unless you only want to do hyperlapse), and which are possible to create both on-the-fly in Dronelink's app or on the web with access to other features such a previewing the mission in 3D before flying it in the field, or running missions from other users that share them publicly.

There are many other differences if you start considering more advanced flight use cases.

Hi. This thread is regarding the Mavic Air 2 (and I assume soon the coming 2S) on the Smart Controller. Does Dronelink now support preplanned missions on the Mavic Air 2 (and if so does it work on the Smart Controller)?

Hi. This thread is regarding the Mavic Air 2 (and I assume soon the coming 2S) on the Smart Controller. Does Dronelink now support preplanned missions on the Mavic Air 2 (and if so does it work on the Smart Controller)?
Hello, we do support waypoints on the MA2 via virtual stick.

Dronelink does support the smart controller as well.
How do I install the native app on DJI monitors?

However the SC is not a very performant device, and flying via virtual stick has a much better user experience with more modern hardware.

Reactions: RetiredInFL
So what would be the advantage of using litchi on the smart controller over FLY considering litchi doesn’t support waypoint missions? That is one of the reasons I am hedging on getting a MA2 or A2S. Wondering and hoping the new A2S will have native waypoints. Heck, other than the new 1” sensor you have to get something for the extra $300 ! :)
For those with both an MA2 and an M2P or M2Z, it offers the advantage of only having to become familiar with a single app to fly either AC, among other advantages.

Reactions: RetiredInFL
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC