DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

App's to start out with?

MAVIC_2_YTS

Reactions
Hello there,

Just wondering what app's folks would suggest for someone just starting out? I have done quite a bit of research and believe I have found the more "popular" ones but they don't seem to be quite up to speed with respects to flying in Canada.

- Kittyhawk does not seem to show the restricted airspace

- AIRMAP while it does show the restricted airspace to some degree, it does not align with what NAV Canada (Drone site selection tool | National Research Council Canada) indicates for restricted air space. Unfortunately, NAV Canada doesn't have an APP and going to the website on a mobile device is a bit clunky

- Drone Buddy again, neat little app but doesn't show restricted air space for my area

- Polar Pro looks like a neat app to help with camera settings based on conditions

- Windy again, neat little app for weather, but that can all be rolled into one app that hopefully does it all

- DJI GO 4 app also is not updated for the Canadian laws and does not show restricted air space

- LiveATC pretty neat app for listening to ATC communications

- Flight Radar 24 accompanies LiveATC nicely given you can track the flights you are listening to and see where everyone is in relation to your flight

- Drone Pilot Canada this is the one I am thinking will replace Kittyhawk, AIRMAP, Drone Buddy & Windy for my needs. It was developed by a Canadian in step with the new rules / regulations and seems to cover everything needed. It does come with a $39.99 price tag, which in comparison to all the gear isn't that much of an investment. An information video can be found here (
)

I am wondering if any one else has any experience with this APP, or perhaps an app that I may be missing that would be helpful?

Thanks in advance!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine