DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are these two pieces of "tape" on M2P gimbal normal?

OliveViewImages

Reactions
Hi all. I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and is staying safe.

I recently received an M2P refresh from DJI. The drone appears to be new, not a repair, and I don't think it's a refurb, based on the SN. Anyway, I sent it up for a test flight this morning to make sure everything was working properly. No problems, but I did notice two additional pieces of "tape" on the backside of the gimbal that have me a bit baffled. They don't seem to have the yellow pull tabs on them, either. I've attached a photo showing the two pieces of tape. They're not something I can reach in and remove with my fingers, which makes me wonder if they're not supposed to be removed. They didn't appear to have any effect on the gimbal during my test flight. In any event, I don't recall seeing these on the gimbal when I first purchased the drone. Any ideas on what these are and whether or not they can or should be removed? Thanks!
Michael

MichaelIMG_1725.jpg

i believe they are to stop the gimbal from being scratched during transit, as the package is inevitably bumped around as it goes on and off aircraft ,and along conveyer belts ,not to mention at the many depots it travels through

I just checked my gimbal on my M2Z if they were there I removed them. YMMV..but doesn't really look to cause any harm to motion or function...Hmmm.

Can you move the gimbal an£ see what the other end of the tape is attached to?
Can you feel any form of restriction from them or if you adjust the gimbal (powered on) can you get full movement?

They look like they should have been removed prior to assembly rather than pre activation by you. I would be looking at carefully removing them though - as previously mentioned I would establish where they terminate first - good luck ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78