DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are waypoints flights always curved??

Ron-EP

Reactions
I know it's not the same program but anyone that uses Litchi for example and is already familiar with waypoints prior to the latest update knows that while there's options to make curved waypoints the path in between waypoints are naturally straight. Unless one adds some curves on it's path of course.

I am unable to get a straight flight path between waypoints. This is during the mission set up I'm speaking of. I've attached images to show how the flight paths creates a curved route with no option to straighten them. I should be able to fly an almost perfect square with some curves at the points and a straight flight in between . Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, one more thing. Im in the U.S. ando though my app settings are set to imperial during waypoints setup it only shows metric with no ability to change it.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG-0772.PNG
    IMG-0772.PNG
    8 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG-0773.PNG
    IMG-0773.PNG
  • IMG-0774.PNG
    IMG-0774.PNG
I know it's not the same program but anyone that uses Litchi for example and is already familiar with waypoints prior to the latest update knows that while there's options to make curved waypoints the path in between waypoints are naturally straight. Unless one adds some curves on it's path of course.

I am unable to get a straight flight path between waypoints. This is during the mission set up I'm speaking of. I've attached images to show how the flight paths creates a curved route with no option to straighten them. I should be able to fly an almost perfect square with some curves at the points and a straight flight in between . Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, one more thing. Im in the U.S. ando though my app settings are set to imperial during waypoints setup it only shows metric with no ability to change it.

Thanks!
For the consumer Mavic 3 and the Fly app the only "option" is curved flight paths. In the Flighthub 2 (and possibly the Pilot 2 app) there are 3 Options (if I recall correctly) one of which is straight flight paths.
DJI should already be aware of the units bug (I don't think it's intentional).

Maybe set a very low speed at the corners? I use Litchi...I've never tried this but I think it might give you a "square" corner...

Maybe set a very low speed at the corners? I use Litchi...I've never tried this but I think it might give you a "square" corner...
This is already at 5mph. I use Litchi as well and was hopeful about this update but looks like it needs work or just won't be anywhere close to how waypoints are on Litchi - not that I really expected that... but I thought a straight flight path would be the most logical thing. I'm baffled that one can't go from one waypoint to the next in a straight path.

This is already at 5mph. I use Litchi as well and was hopeful about this update but looks like it needs work or just won't be anywhere close to how waypoints are on Litchi - not that I really expected that... but I thought a straight flight path would be the most logical thing. I'm baffled that one can't go from one waypoint to the next in a straight path.
I too Ron-EP are surprised and somewhat frustrated with the Mavic 3 waypoints and the difficulty flying a straight line between waypoints. I use Litchi with MA2 and appreciate the option to set straightline or add curves. I've been thinking about it and will try to add more waypoints closer together to try and get that straight line. Waiting on the weather to cooperate to see if it helps.

If you export your flight plan on to your computer, extract and open the KMZ file, you can alter the code from curved to straight inside both the waylines.wpml and the template.kml

If you export your flight plan on to your computer, extract and open the KMZ file, you can alter the code from curved to straight inside both the waylines.wpml and the template.kml
I have read about the waylines.wpml on developer.dji.com. Do you have further instructions for this o maybe a tool? The Pilot 2 app is one tool I guess, but there is no way to run it on anything other than the RC Pro Enterprise - for obvious reasons.

I have read about the waylines.wpml on developer.dji.com. Do you have further instructions for this o maybe a tool? The Pilot 2 app is one tool I guess, but there is no way to run it on anything other than the RC Pro Enterprise - for obvious reasons.
Both those files are archived inside the .KMZ file. If you unzip (I use winrar) you’ll get a folder and inside there you’ll find both your waylines.wpml and template.kml

The template.kml you can open on google earth to see your waypoints or open with wordpad to look into the code. You can also open the waylines.wpml with wordpad and look in there. On both, hit ctrl + F and look for “curved”. Inside there you then replace curved with straight and the number that follows, either a 0 or 1, make sure it is a 1 (on). Save the file, compress the folder and name it the original as the file name. Then put that back into your RC and your lines will be straight

Reactions: honkihonk
Both those files are archived inside the .KMZ file. If you unzip (I use winrar) you’ll get a folder and inside there you’ll find both your waylines.wpml and template.kml

The template.kml you can open on google earth to see your waypoints or open with wordpad to look into the code. You can also open the waylines.wpml with wordpad and look in there. On both, hit ctrl + F and look for “curved”. Inside there you then replace curved with straight and the number that follows, either a 0 or 1, make sure it is a 1 (on). Save the file, compress the folder and name it the original as the file name. Then put that back into your RC and your lines will be straight
Thank you! In the meantime I found your Thread/Videos which are very useful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405