DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Platinum Around Iceland in 16 days

MPone

Reactions
What a task! It took me over 3 weeks to compile 16 days of drone footage into a 12 min video. Footage was taken 2 years ago and I thought maybe a summary video of the chosen best scenes is a good idea. Wish I have a M2P then. It would have been better resolution. Let me know how I did here. Thanks in advance.

Iceland, island country located in the North Atlantic Ocean. Lying on the constantly active geologic border between North America and Europe, Iceland is a land of vivid contrasts of climate, geography, and culture. Sparkling glaciers, such as Vatna Glacier (Vatnajökull), Europe’s largest, lie across its ruggedly beautiful mountain ranges, abundant hot geysers provide heat for many of the country’s homes and buildings and allow for hot house agriculture year round and the offshore Gulf Stream provides a surprisingly mild climate for what is one of the northernmost inhabited places on the planet.

While the editing could have been done differently, the scenes you captured are truly amazing.

My suggestion would be to avoid speeding up entire clips you perceive to be too long/slow, particularly when capturing natural features like a waterfall, which look great in real-time and slow motion, but not good sped up. Use speed ramping to advance time and travel on parts of a clip and real-time speed when the framing and composition is best. Speed ramping looks best on segments flown straight or intelligent POI. You could easily recut this using variable speed ramping on those same sped up clips.

The scenery speaks for itself. I wish I was there instead of watching on my MacBook!

Reactions: MPone
I envy you too be able to see all amazing places instead of me watching on a laptop

Stunning tour of Iceland!

12 minutes is pretty long, but Iceland is a big enough topic to fill it. Your video even held MY attention the whole time.

Be careful of yaw during your shots. Set up the shot and let it go to completion without making little course corrections. Yea, takes me 2 or 3 tries sometimes to get the shot right too.

While the editing could have been done differently, the scenes you captured are truly amazing.

My suggestion would be to avoid speeding up entire clips you perceive to be too long/slow, particularly when capturing natural features like a waterfall, which look great in real-time and slow motion, but not good sped up. Use speed ramping to advance time and travel on parts of a clip and real-time speed when the framing and composition is best. Speed ramping looks best on segments flown straight or intelligent POI. You could easily recut this using variable speed ramping on those same sped up clips.

The scenery speaks for itself. I wish I was there instead of watching on my MacBook!

That’s an interesting point about not to speed up the footage at waterfalls. It sure doesn’t look right. Thanks for you input.

Stunning tour of Iceland!

12 minutes is pretty long, but Iceland is a big enough topic to fill it. Your video even held MY attention the whole time.

Be careful of yaw during your shots. Set up the shot and let it go to completion without making little course corrections. Yea, takes me 2 or 3 tries sometimes to get the shot right too.

Somehow the yaw is caused by strong winds. The M2P will handle it better. But thanks for the tip.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851