DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Assistance in interpreting Flight daTA

Hi all would appreciate if any of you can decipher my flight data below
I had a sudden fall of my drone from 90+m but luckily landed a small tree broke the fall
At the end of the recorded data, your drone was hovering at 296 feet.
Although you launched with a less than fully charged battery, this was not the cause.
All cells were showing 3.75 volts when things stopped..
The drone was in stable hover with no sudden changes to the pitch, roll and yaw values which might indicate a collision with a bird etc.
That leaves a sudden loss of power as the cause but what cause the sudden loss of power is unknown.

Reactions: FlyingSoon
At the end of the recorded data, your drone was hovering at 296 feet.
Although you launched with a less than fully charged battery, this was not the cause.
All cells were showing 3.75 volts when things stopped..
The drone was in stable hover with no sudden changes to the pitch, roll and yaw values which might indicate a collision with a bird etc.
That leaves a sudden loss of power as the cause but what cause the sudden loss of power is unknown.

Thanks Meta for the kind interpretation-
Yes thats the thing i am figuring out- could it be that i did not secure the battery properly which caused the sudden loss of power.The batt did actually popped out of after the fall. and it fell abt few feet away

Thanks Meta for the kind interpretation-
Yes thats the thing i am figuring out- could it be that i did not secure the battery properly which caused the sudden loss of power.The batt did actually popped out of after the fall. and it fell abt few feet away
Batteries commonly get dislodged in crashes.
It only takes a small deformation.

Batteries commonly get dislodged in crashes.
It only takes a small deformation.

Yeah I Guess as much.
However I notice that two of my batts (which is less than 6 mths old) are slightly bloated as well

Come to think of it the left stick down which I held when lowering down might have caused it...but after flying both mavic and Mavic Pro 2 I have never encountered this issue before

Yeah I Guess as much.
However I notice that two of my batts (which is less than 6 mths old) are slightly bloated as well

Come to think of it the left stick down which I held when lowering down might have caused it...but after flying both mavic and Mavic Pro 2 I have never encountered this issue before
Left stick down will only shut down the motors after you have landed - never in flight.
It's quite safe to descend with full left stick down.
The left stick was not involved in the incident.

I saw a video within the last few days of a claim that some small percentage of batteries do not latch all the way into the drone. The claim was that one side latched while the other side didn’t. The guy in the video demonstrated how one of his many batteries exhibited this behavior. It seemed legit. The implication is that the battery could become loosened when jostled during flight and the electrical connection between the battery and aircraft be compromised. Comments along with the video implied that others have seen this as well.

Sorry, I can’t find the video right now.

I saw a video within the last few days of a claim that some small percentage of batteries do not latch all the way into the drone. The claim was that one side latched while the other side didn’t. The guy in the video demonstrated how one of his many batteries exhibited this behavior. It seemed legit. The implication is that the battery could become loosened when jostled during flight and the electrical connection between the battery and aircraft be compromised. Comments along with the video implied that others have seen this as well.

Sorry, I can’t find the video right now.

No worries! Yes i concluded its the battery latch on one side popped open
I discovered this when i flew at low height this morning.
After i landed i did a quick inspection around the battery holding area, low and be hold! One side indeed popped out (the right hand side)
Thank God i brought it down after flying around 40ft/ 15m height
I took the battery out and id discover the reason why...the battery is bloated and when i tried to put the battery back in it was with some resistance at the central area of the battery which was bulging out.
Man! Sfar two batts have been like that after about 6 mthns of use with the batts....time for new batts.... :(

Left stick down will only shut down the motors after you have landed - never in flight.
It's quite safe to descend with full left stick down.
The left stick was not involved in the incident.

Hey Meta! Thanks for your help!

I now know what is the cause of the sudden power outage!
All because of the battery bloating that popped open the latch on one side...discover the issue this morning after flying and hovering at a low height to take some pics.

BAtts Pic.jpg

AS you can see the middle batt is bloated and the top is slightly protruding and the mid section of the batt is separated more than the batt on the left.
Thats my likely main cause of the sudden power loss as the bloating cause the batt to pop out when descending

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardomavic