DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Assistant 2 on Windows 10 Not Recognizing Mavic 2 - Fixed

DanMan32

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Since having received my Mavic Mini, I upgraded Assistant 2 to latest version. I updated MM's firmware through app though, so didn't need Assistant to do it.
But just in case, i thought it best I update Assistant for the Mini, and verified Assistant could connect to the Mini.

Come today, due to an Inconsistent Firmware issue with my M2 I just posted about, i thought I'd refresh firmware on my M2 AC and both remotes.
PC recognizes the SD and internal storage OK, but Assistant won't see the M2 AC or remote. Tried different cables, both USB 3.0 - C that it came with, Micro USB 2.0 with micro to C adapter, different ports on PC. Doesn't matter.
Then it occurred to me that Assistant uses a few protocols over USB for communicating to AC. I had to do something to the drivers before.

Bring up Device Manager with default view Devices by Type.
Highlight under Disk Drives "Linux File-Stor Gadget USB Device" (found two of them, one each for the SD and internal storage)
While highlighted, change view to Devices by Connection. This way I can see all devices showing for the USB connection.
Lo and behold, there are two additional devices under USB Composite Device, besides USB Mass Storage Device: RNDS and USB Serial (COM4). Both had to the right a white circle with ? inside.
Had Windows update driver for those two. DONE! FIXED. Now Assistant recognizes AC and both remotes.

Connection through USB 3.0 port is flaky but then I have had intermittent issues with that, not to mention the DJI cable I was using may have issues. I don't use it for flying.

One other thing that occurs: Windows keeps saying that the internal storage, drive K:, needs to be fixed. However Chkdsk shows no issues. If you see that, you probably can ignore.
Lost.Dir showed one file, so i formatted the storage with Windows. Still after that, Windows says it needs to be fixed.

Reactions: Mossiback
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost