DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Asteroid Shot not complete

Rickolas

Reactions
Morning all!

I had a cracking day for weather yesterday so i decided to play with some of the drone's functions.

In particular, Asteroid mode in Quickshots.

It started recording, flew up then did it's 360 degree panning and flew back to the start point after completing it.

However, the video that has been output to the SD card only the flight up, and cuts right before the "tiny planet" transistion (as seen in the video).

Can anyone shed any light on why this would happen, or how to fix this in future? Drone and controller is running latest firmware, and DJI Go 4 app is up to date also. SD card in use is a genuine speedtested Sandisk Extreme Plus 64Gb.

Not done one of those but did you before you powered down
hit that arrow under thr camera button and download it when you touched it in that screen.

try it again, I am learning with mine and had one go wrong. Next time it was fine.
I read the manual and touching any control on the controller will abort that quickshot - although it will normally just stop and hover...

Interesting. I did not touch the controls while recording, and waited until it returned home and hovered before resuming flight control.
I went on to fly for a further 5 minutes after this (just to have a play, not recording), before landing and powering down.

I had assumed the MA would take care of recording the footage in Asteroid mode and completing the final video? Or is this not the case and requires additional input from the user?

Just tried one and is like I said in post #2.
Hit that arrow and it takes too to this
IMG_2062.jpegtouch on it and does this IMG_2064.jpeg Now for some reason and need to do more to figure it out it reversed it . I just reversed it in iMovie so it looked right but is how it did it with my M2P .
<iframe src="test 1 from Dirk Lucas on Vimeo" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="
">test 1</a> from <a href="Dirk Lucas">Dirk Lucas</a> on <a href="Vimeo: Watch, upload, and share HD and 4K videos with no ads">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Yee Haa, glad it worked out.
What phone do you use?
I ask, as I have had my drone since the beginning of the month and took it to Vietnam. I use my iPhone 7+ and everything performed well. Flawlessly!!

However, this morning I had forgotten to charge the iPhone, so I used my Motorbike GPS phone, an Android Samsung G7 Core.
1st flight, I had flown over the local fields and the Mavic 2 was about 400metres away, when my phone screen froze.... The sun was very bright so I hit RTH on the controller, instead of climbing to 30m and return home, it stayed at about 15m to return home. I took control to get some more height.
I landed it, restarted the app on the phone and took off, the drone was less than 5 metres away and the app reported the video signal was lost. I turned it around to land close by. Then it reported low battery 20% and wanted to RTN and flew off to the landing site. I hit the RTH button to cancel RTH and landed it next to me.
Once again the DJI app froze...

I won't be using my Android phone again... maybe the Samsung isn't man enough, or perhaps the Android version has some bugs....

Back to the iPhone for sure!
How much charge does the iPhone have...???

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User