DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ATTI mode??

A.O.

Reactions
So I was out flying my MA2 yesterday and she kept saying ATTI mode or going to ATTI mode or whatever just out of the blue, and EVERY time I switched from Normal mode to Cine mode or back she would say this.. I had 14 sats locked or more, what is going on??

If you search you will find multiple threads here discussing this... the ATTI warning is a known issue on the latest firmware, lots of people having false warnings. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

You can test if it's real by check if the AC is breaking when releasing the sticks ... if it does, it's not ATTI.

If you search you will find multiple threads here discussing this... the ATTI warning is a known issue on the latest firmware, lots of people having false warnings. Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

You can test if it's real by check if the AC is breaking when releasing the sticks ... if it does, it's not ATTI.
Yes, it flies just fine. I have not updated the firmware since I got this the last of November and it didn't used to do this.. more of a just lately thing.

Yes, it flies just fine. I have not updated the firmware since I got this the last of November and it didn't used to do this.. more of a just lately thing.
So if you have skipped a couple of the latest FW updates then this false message points to the app ... or a combination app/FW. On which FLY app version are you?

So if you have skipped a couple of the latest FW updates then this false message points to the app ... or a combination app/FW. On which FLY app version are you?
Fly app 1.2.2.. the one that ruined the orientation indicator...

I havent skipped any FW updates , I have never been prompted to do a firmware update, or update the Fly app any further, thank God!

Fly app 1.2.2.. the one that ruined the orientation indicator...

I havent skipped any FW updates , I have never been prompted to do a firmware update, or update the Fly app any further, thank God!
Frequent flight app and firmware updates have always been common in DJI products for years. This is nothing new to their latest lineup of UAV's. Others may disagree, but in general, being fully updated is the best policy, although maybe not right away. Once an update has proven to be stable, go for it. In your case, the ATTI warning is a known older issue, but I have not seen it recently with all the latest updates. What you do want to do - and this is somewhat new - is read the release notes to see if a particular update requires a particular version of other software, such as a FLY App update requiring a certain firmware version. This can cause problems if there is a mismatch, and it's easy to overlook.

Reactions: A.O.
Frequent flight app and firmware updates have always been common in DJI products for years. This is nothing new to their latest lineup of UAV's. Others may disagree, but in general, being fully updated is the best policy, although maybe not right away. Once an update has proven to be stable, go for it. In your case, the ATTI warning is a known older issue, but I have not seen it recently with all the latest updates. What you do want to do - and this is somewhat new - is read the release notes to see if a particular update requires a particular version of other software, such as a FLY App update requiring a certain firmware version. This can cause problems if there is a mismatch, and it's easy to overlook.
And where do I find these "release notes"

And I may just go update everything and hope they didn't ruin anything else, and all will be even again..

Did you do anything about it?
I was flying over the Gulf of Mexico at the Seven Mile Bridge in the Florida Keys in high winds (27 mph gusts) when it came on! I panicked and brought it back in. The warning never went away even though I had a ton of satellites! There wasn't any difference in how it flew, so I sent it back up in the air. It's just unnerving seeing that warning!

I was flying over the Gulf of Mexico at the Seven Mile Bridge in the Florida Keys in high winds (27 mph gusts) when it came on! I panicked and brought it back in. The warning never went away even though I had a ton of satellites! There wasn't any difference in how it flew, so I sent it back up in the air. It's just unnerving seeing that warning!
OK, so do you still get the warning then?