DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auto Focus 1/2 Press Shutter Button ?

harleymhs

Reactions
Hey Guys, I received my Mini 3 Pro last week. Ive noticed that when I start to fly the 1/2 press shutter button does the auto focus. Then 1/2 way through the flight it stops working. I did notice on the screen was a res circle to tap or something.. Am I missing something here? thanks!

Reactions: old man mavic
@harleymhs no its a way of focusing instead of touching the screen
when you are ready to take a pic,a quick press focuses then a long press takes the photo it stays focused till you change the viewpoint of the camera ,after a while you will just do it instinctively

@harleymhs no its a way of focusing instead of touching the screen
when you are ready to take a pic,a quick press focuses then a long press takes the photo it stays focused till you change the viewpoint of the camera ,after a while you will just do it instinctively
I understand how it works. It just doesnt work MOST of the time... Thank you !

i have the M2P. With theses very wide lenses focus is not that important once your subject is beyond 50’ or so, even with wide open aperture (the hyperfocal distance is quite close say 20’). So what I do is once I’m up in the air, I focus on something at a similar distance to my subject or just something mid distance with high contrast, then switch to manual focus. Then your good for anything from fairly close to infinity. I find the auto focus feature annoying, it can go zipping off to completely out of focus and the lag bugs me.

Reactions: Flashheart
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky