DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Auto Mode

LawrenceF

Reactions
Mini 3 - non Pro. I have two questions and a comment:

1. Last week I was experimenting with ND filters so I switched into Pro mode to play with the settings. It all worked fine but now suddenly switching back to auto mode has very dark video. It was fine before and I had expected it to go back to doing whatever it was doing before. It's not hard to adjust camera settings to get what you want but I'm just curious why auto mode seemed to suddenly just stop working.

P.S. Forget question 1. I just found out it was the EV setting. I put that back to 0 and it's back to normal.

2. Tripod Mode. I see that in the data and I'm not familar with it. It appeared to come on by itself. I had to go google it and found this: https://3dinsider.com/dji-tripod-mode/ I'm curious if you guys have anything to add. Does that mode come on by itself?

Lastly, I noticed that the CSV that comes from AirData flight logs has P-GPS instead of Normal for flight mode. I heard that this is a legacy thing, that they used to use this and (I suppose) never changed it in the log data. I've now started opening those files in VS Code and changing P-GPS to Normal so that I see the word normal on the video telemetry overlay.

Thanks in advance for any comments, pointers, etc.

Last edited:
#2. Tripod mode is like P-GPS: it is a legacy term, a carry-over from earlier DJI models (Mavic 2 etc.). Tripod equivalent in drones that use the FLY app is a drone set to fly in CINE mode... only 'tripod' was a lot slower and smoother... still preferable to CINE mode even with the firmware tweak that allowed you to slow down to the current minimum.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluffman2