DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autopilot Waypoint Missions and focus

AS4RONIN

Reactions
Wondering if anyone has experience with the following.
So I recently ran a large preprogrammed Autopilot Waypoint mission at at state park (with permit) and the Mavic flew it flawlessly. However the focus is not working properly so the footage is unusable. While it flew the mission I could see that the Mavic would lock focus on the focus point programmed in the mission but it would then immediately drift out of focus. I had the Autopilot app set to auto focus and am now wondering if there is a potential conflict happening between Autopilots focus setting and that programmed in the DJI Go 4 app, which I believe is set to continuous auto focus. The weather is getting too cold here now for me to conduct any useful testing but this seems to be an issue. This happened to me once before and I was instructed to send my Mavic into DJI for repair and ended up receiving a new drone after they informed me they replaced my camera. I’m hoping this is setting related and that Autopilot is not in some way corrupting the firmware in the Mavic.
Any thoughts or experience you may have with this will be appreciated. I had epic visuals with the fall colors that are useless due to this.

I always focus on infinity in the DJI app and then close it down.

You aren't confusing the focus mode in Autopilot (keeps the camera pointed at a certain map location or POI, but doesn't "focus" the lens) with normal lens focus are you?

Witaj. Rozumiem dobrze w aplikacji DJI 4. Podczas konfigurowania waypontu możesz zaprogramować miejsce dla mavic'a, ustawiając kamerę na dany punk (na przykład, aby cały czas mnie obserwować). Podczas odtwarzania w locie mogę odwrócić latającą mavicę, aby wykonać zaplanowany lot do tyłu (zrobiłem to i poleciałem w tył). Przepraszam za mój angielski

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito